Preparing students for 21st century success
With 1:1 eLearning, the goal of giving every child a personalized education becomes a reality. In the present, it means a classroom full of engaged and motivated students. In the future, this translates into a workforce armed with the skills they’ll need to compete in a technology and knowledge-based society.
Snapshot: Project Magellan student impact
- Majority of grade 1-4 students now have a PC for home and school
- 6,500 teachers and ICT coordinators trained
- Kids feel empowered to search for info on the Internet and problem-solve
- Students and teachers more engaged and accepting of technology from a very young age
- Every school in the country now has broadband access, up from
18% in 2005
- Part of everyday life
For students, Intel® Learning Series is:
- Transformative: an opportunity to transform students' futures through enhanced education and an introduction to technology at an early age.
- Personalized: 1:1 learning supports the student’s own learning pace and style.
- Rugged: Intel classmate PCs are designed to be child-friendly, standing up to everyday use: easy-carry handle, water-resistant keyboard, outperforms industry standard drop test
Integrating eLearning into the classroom has benefits for teachers as well:
- Integrated resources: Intel Learning Series components work well together. The Learning Series includes tools to help teachers enhance their lessons.
- Flexible: Facilitates various forms of classroom interaction and collaboration; allows teachers to move between individual, small group, and whole class instruction; provides inside-outside classroom mobility.
- Controlled: Child-friendly operating system, Web filtering and monitoring, classroom management, theft deterrent.