Tech Tips Articles
Features and Benefits
It’s a tablet—and a laptop
Now you don’t have to choose—an Ultrabook™ 2 in 1 is a tablet when you want it, a laptop when you need it1. It’s the best choice for doing everything you want. Simply detach, flip, or slide to transform your mobile experience.
Get your hands on one
Tap into a better experience. With Ultrabook™ 2 in 1, you can touch to play and type to work. Flexibility—it’s another reason to love Ultrabook™.
Enjoy Intel-level performance
Experience your movies, photos, and games smoothly and seamlessly thanks to a suite of visual enhancements built into the Intel® Core™ processor2. Feel the burst of speed that comes with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.03. And with Windows* 8, get the compatibility, performance, and flexibility to do everything you want. It all just works with Ultrabook™.
Responsive and ready to go
Intel® Smart Connect Technology4 continually updates your email and social networks so you can be both rested and connected. When you wake your Ultrabook™ from sleep mode, jump right in with Intel® Rapid Start Technology5. It brings Ultrabook™ from standby mode to life in less than seven seconds6, so you can get back to what you were doing in the blink of an eye.
Security that’s built in
Enjoy a more secure computing experience. Your Ultrabook™ gives you more peace of mind when you start up your system and provides faster data encryption to keep your information safer without slowing you down.7
Ultrabook™ Device Technologies8
- Intel® Smart Response Technology8
- Intel® Rapid Start Technology
- Intel® Identity Protection Technology
Peace of mind online: Intel® Identity Protection Technology (Intel® IPT)
Make sure your favorite web sites know it’s you. Intel® Identity Protection Technology (Intel® IPT)9 helps protect your identity and assets online by adding a trusted link to your system, your accounts, and your favorite online places. (Available only on select Intel-inspired Ultrabook™ devices featuring 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processors.)
Our Innovation. Your Imagination.
It’s time to trade in your old PC for an Intel-inspired Ultrabook™ 2 in 1. It's a tablet when you want it and a full PC when you need it. Wake it in a flash, touch it, or talk to it, and multitask with blazing-fast performance. Use it all day long—safely and securely7. And keep connected the whole time so you can play harder and work smarter. That's the power of Intel Inside®.
Meet Ultrabook™ 2 in 1, the ultimate convertible device—now powered by the new Intel® Core™ processor. Check out all the cool stuff you can do: wake it in a flash, touch it, talk to it, and multitask with blazing-fast performance. Go for hours and get peace of mind with built-in security features7. And keep connected the whole time so you can work hard, but live the way you want: free.
VideosView More Videos
What is an Ultrabook™?
It’s always ready and... (0:56)
Compact tablet/laptop... (0:35)
Touch, Windows 8* on...
Tech Chef shows how...
Taking Your Ultrabook™...
Ultrabook™ features make...
What is an Ultrabook™...
Tech Chef explains how...
MasterPass* and Intel®...
Jeff Kataoka demos a...
When Family Matters,...
Watch how Ultrabook™... (1:27)
Touch- and voice-enabled... (1:25)
Ultrabooks™ and the...
Intel IT’s approach to...
Ultrabook™ Offers Touch...
Keyboard-only laptops... (0:38)
Tech Chef covers... (2:07)
Ultrabook™ | What is...
Ultrabook™ is a new... (2:05)
1. Ultrabook™ products are offered in multiple models. Some models may not be available in your market. Consult your Ultrabook™ manufacturer. For more information and details, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/sponsors-of-tomorrow/ultrabook.html.
2. Built-in visual features are not enabled on all PCs, and optimized software may be required. Check with your system manufacturer. Learn more at www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/visual-technology/intel-visual-technology-consumer.html.
3. Requires a system with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology and Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 are only available on select Intel® processors. Consult your PC manufacturer. Performance varies depending on hardware, software, and system configuration. For more information, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
4. Intel® Smart Connect Technology requires a select Intel® processor, Intel® software and BIOS update, Intel® Wireless adapter, and Internet connectivity. Solid-state memory or drive equivalent may be required. Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
5. Intel® Rapid Start Technology transitions a system that is in Sleep or Standby, an S3 power state that keeps memory and other components powered, to a hardware power state that does not do so, an S4 power state. Refer to manufacturer’s specifications for system specific information.
6. Results have been estimated based on internal Intel analysis and are provided for informational purposes only. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance.
7. No computer system can provide absolute security. Requires an enabled Intel® processor, enabled chipset, and firmware and software optimized to use the technologies. Consult your system manufacturer and software vendor for more information.
8. Intel® Smart Response Technology requires a Intel® Core™ processor, select Intel® chipset, Intel® Rapid Storage Technology software version 12.5 or higher, and a solid-state hybrid drive reporting at least 16 GB capacity and supporting SATA-I/O hybrid information feature. Depending on system configuration, your results may vary. Contact your system manufacturer for more information.
9. No system can provide absolute security under all conditions. Requires an Intel® Identity Protection Technology-enabled system, including a 3rd or 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor, an enabled chipset, firmware, software, and participating website. Consult your system manufacturer. Intel assumes no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any resulting damages. For more information, visit http://ipt.intel.com.