High Performance Computing: Intel® Xeon® Processor 7000 Sequence
Intel® Xeon® processor 7500 series
Exceptional scalable performance with advanced reliability for your most data-demanding applications and intelligent performance that automatically adapts to the diverse needs of a virtualized environment.
Energy vertical server
- Seismic simulation using Paradigm GeoDepth Epos* 4
- Reservoir simulation performance using CMG IMEX*
Reservoir simulation performance using CMG IMEX*
IMEX*, CMG's full featured Black Oil simulator, models the flow of three phase fluids in gas, gas-water, oil-water, and oil-water-gas reservoirs. Black-oil Water Flood simulation with CMG IMEX app. Simulated 545K Cells with 50 wells simulated for 15 years. Can run 100M workload with 256GB memory support - not possible on 2-socket Intel® Xeon® processor 5500 series-based server platforms.
Configuration details Intel® Xeon® processor 7500 series
4S reservoir simulation performance using CMG* IMEX* application
Comparison based on 4S Intel Xeon processor X7560 based server platform compared to an existing baseline 2S Intel® Xeon® processor X5570 based server platform measured by Intel labs and reviewed/approved by CMG* as of 29 March 2010. Time to complete numerical simulation converted to throughput (higher is better). See www.cmgroup.com/software/imex.htm for more information.
2S Intel® Xeon® processor X5570 based server platform details
Intel® 5520 chipset server platform using two Intel Xeon processor X5570 (8M cache, 2.93GHz, 6.40GT/s Intel® QPI), 144GB DDR3-1333 memory, SuSE* LINUX Enterprise Server 10.
4S Intel® Xeon® processor X7560 based server platform details
Intel® 7500 chipset server platform using four Intel Xeon processor X7560 (24M cache, 2.26GHz, 6.40GT/s Intel QPI), 256GB DDR3-1066 memory, SuSE LINUX Enterprise Server 10.
Intel does not control or audit the design or implementation of third party benchmark data or web sites referenced in this document. Intel encourages all of its customers to visit the referenced web sites or others where similar performance benchmark data are reported and confirm whether the referenced benchmark data are accurate and reflect performance of systems available for purchase.
Additional information: 1 2 3 3 4 5 6 7 8
1. Performance tests and ratings are measured using specific computer systems and/or components and reflect the approximate performance of Intel® products as measured by those tests. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. Buyers should consult other sources of information to evaluate the performance of systems or components they are considering purchasing. For more information on performance tests and on the performance of Intel products, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/benchmarks/resources-benchmark-limitations.html.
2. Relative performance for each benchmark is calculated by taking the actual benchmark result for the first platform tested and assigning it a value of 1.0 as a baseline. Relative performance for the remaining platforms tested was calculated by dividing the actual benchmark result for the baseline platform into each of the specific benchmark results of each of the other platforms and assigning them a relative performance number that correlates with the performance improvements reported.
3. Intel® Virtualization Technology requires a computer system with an enabled Intel® processor, BIOS, virtual machine monitor (VMM) and, for some uses, certain platform software enabled for it. Functionality, performance, or other benefits will vary depending on hardware and software configurations and may require a BIOS update. Software applications may not be compatible with all operating systems. Please check with your application vendor.
4. Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) requires a computer system with a processor supporting Intel® HT Technology and an Intel® HT Technology-enabled chipset, BIOS, and operating system. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software you use. For more information including details on which processors support Intel® HT Technology, see www.intel.com/products/ht/hyperthreading_more.htm.
5. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology requires a platform with a processor with Intel Turbo Boost Technology capability. Intel Turbo Boost Technology performance varies depending on hardware, software, and overall system configuration. Check with your platform manufacturer on whether your system delivers Intel Turbo Boost Technology. For more information, see www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
6. Intel® processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
7. Intel® products are not intended for use in medical, life-saving, life-sustaining, critical control, or safety systems, or in nuclear facility applications. All dates and products specified are for planning purposes only and are subject to change without notice.
8. Intel does not control or audit the design or implementation of third party benchmarks or websites referenced in this document. Intel encourages all of its customers to visit the referenced websites or others where similar performance benchmarks are reported and confirm whether the referenced benchmarks are accurate and reflect performance of systems available for purchase.