High Performance Computing: Intel® Xeon® Processor 7000 Sequence
Intel® Xeon® processor 7500 series
Exceptional scalable performance with advanced reliability for your most data-demanding applications and intelligent performance that automatically adapts to the diverse needs of a virtualized environment.
Computer Aided Engineering
- Multi-physics finite element analysis using ANSYS* Mechanical 12.1 (single node)
- Crash simulation analysis using LS-DYNA* (single-node)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) using CD-adapco STAR-CD*
- Electronic design analysis using Synopsys Proteus* tool
Crash simulation analysis using LS-DYNA* (single-node)
LS-DYNA* is a general purpose transient dynamic finite element program capable of simulating complex real world problems. Metrics: elapsed time to complete simulation converted to throughput metric. Higher bars indicate better performance throughput. See www.ls-dyna.com/ for more information.
Configuration details Intel® Xeon® processor 7500 series
4S crash simulation analysis using LS-DYNA* (single-node)
Comparison based on 4S Intel® Xeon® processor X7560 based server platform compared to an existing baseline 2S Intel® Xeon® processor X5670 based server platform as of 29 March 2010. Time to complete numerical simulation converted to throughput (higher is better).
2S Intel® Xeon® processor X5670 based server platform details
Intel pre-production system with two Intel® Xeon® processor X5670 (12MB L3, 2.93 GHz, 6.4 GT/s Intel® QPI), Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology disabled, C1E enabled, Turbo enabled, Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology disabled, 24 GB (6x4GB DDR3-1333 registered ECC), cluster shared Luster file system, Red Hat* 5.3U2/ LS-DYNA MPP971R3.2.1. Referenced as measured at 89,500 seconds. Source: Intel internal testing as of 16 March 2010.
4S Intel® Xeon® processor X7560 based server platform details
Cisco UCS C460* M1 platform with four Intel® Xeon® processor X7560 (2.26 GHz, 24MB L3, 6.4 GT/s, 8-core), Intel Turbo Boost Technology enabled, Intel Hyper-Threading Technology disabled, 512 GB memory (64x8GB DDR3-1333 DIMM), 2x100GB SSD, Fedora* Core 12 x86_64 operating system, LSTC Software version: Release 3.2.1 using car2car workload. Referenced as submitted to www.topcrunch.org at 41,727 seconds. For more information, see www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/ps10265/at_work_promo.html#~industry_benchmarks.
Additional information: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
1. Performance tests and ratings are measured using specific computer systems and/or components and reflect the approximate performance of Intel® products as measured by those tests. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. Buyers should consult other sources of information to evaluate the performance of systems or components they are considering purchasing. For more information on performance tests and on the performance of Intel products, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/benchmarks/resources-benchmark-limitations.html.
2. Relative performance for each benchmark is calculated by taking the actual benchmark result for the first platform tested and assigning it a value of 1.0 as a baseline. Relative performance for the remaining platforms tested was calculated by dividing the actual benchmark result for the baseline platform into each of the specific benchmark results of each of the other platforms and assigning them a relative performance number that correlates with the performance improvements reported.
3. Intel® Virtualization Technology requires a computer system with an enabled Intel® processor, BIOS, virtual machine monitor (VMM) and, for some uses, certain platform software enabled for it. Functionality, performance, or other benefits will vary depending on hardware and software configurations and may require a BIOS update. Software applications may not be compatible with all operating systems. Please check with your application vendor.
4. Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology) requires a computer system with a processor supporting Intel® HT Technology and an Intel® HT Technology-enabled chipset, BIOS, and operating system. Performance will vary depending on the specific hardware and software you use. For more information including details on which processors support Intel® HT Technology, see www.intel.com/products/ht/hyperthreading_more.htm.
5. Intel® Turbo Boost Technology requires a platform with a processor with Intel Turbo Boost Technology capability. Intel Turbo Boost Technology performance varies depending on hardware, software, and overall system configuration. Check with your platform manufacturer on whether your system delivers Intel Turbo Boost Technology. For more information, see www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/turbo-boost/turbo-boost-technology.html.
6. Intel® processor numbers are not a measure of performance. Processor numbers differentiate features within each processor family, not across different processor families. See www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html for details.
7. Intel® products are not intended for use in medical, life-saving, life-sustaining, critical control, or safety systems, or in nuclear facility applications. All dates and products specified are for planning purposes only and are subject to change without notice.
8. Intel does not control or audit the design or implementation of third party benchmarks or websites referenced in this document. Intel encourages all of its customers to visit the referenced websites or others where similar performance benchmarks are reported and confirm whether the referenced benchmarks are accurate and reflect performance of systems available for purchase.