Digital Home: Previous Generation Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor
Get proven performance with Intel's original performance processor.
- Get a better visual experience
- Watch hi-def home movies from the comfort of your home
- The next generation of mobile multitasking has arrived
- Look like a professional photographer
- Enjoy your music wherever you go
- Compress, store, and share your hi-def home videos
The next generation of mobile multitasking has arrived
Multitask - do more at once and save time
Get leading dual-core performance and prepare your favorite photos for sharing on Facebook* while at the same time creating your own family web gallery. Spend less time working on your memories and more time enjoying them.
Performance measurements taken on Sony VAIO* models: VGN-SZ440, VGN-SZ640, and VGN-SR140E.
|Notebook PC Configuration
|Notebook PC configurations used for extreme performance measurements
|Intel® Mobile Platform Technology
||Previous generation Intel® Core™ Duo processor technology
||Previous generation Intel® Core™ Duo processor technology
||Previous generation Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor technology|
||Sony VAIO* VGN-SZ440 (Modified)||Sony VAIO VGN-SZ640 (Modified)||Sony VAIO VGN-SR165E (Modified)|
|Processor name||Previous generation Intel® Core™ Duo processor T2700||Previous generation Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T7800||Previous generation Intel® Core™2 Duo processor T9600|
|Processor speed||2.33 GHz||2.6 GHz||2.8 GHz|
|Processor secondary cache||2MB level 2 cache||4MB level 2 cache||6MB level 2 cache|
||667 MHz||800 MHz||1066 MHz|
|Chipset||Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset||Mobile Intel® GM965 Express Chipset||Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset|
|Chipset INF file||Intel® INF 220.127.116.110||Intel INF 18.104.22.1682
||Intel INF 22.214.171.1247|
|Platform BIOS||Phoenix Technologies* LTD V.R0111N0||Phoenix Technologies LTD V.R0111S5||American Megatrends Inc. V.R0280Y1|
|System memory||Quimonda* 2x1GB DDR2-667 4-4-4-12||Quimonda 2x1GB DDR2-667 5-5-5-15||Micron* 2x1GB DDR2-800 6-6-6-18|
|Hard disk||Seagate* ST9160821AS SATA 160GB 5400RPM||Hitachi* HTS722020K9SA00 SATA 200GB 7200RPM||Hitachi HTS722020K9SA00 SATA 200GB 7200RPM|
||Intel® GMA950||Intel® GMAX3100||Intel® GMA X4500MHD|
|Video memory size/type
||224MB Dynamic video memory technology||358MB Dynamic video memory technology||829MB Dynamic video memory technology|
|Video driver version
|Graphics||1280x800, 32-bit color||1280x800, 32-bit color||1280x800, 32-bit color|
|Screen size||13.25" WXGA||13.25" WXGA||13.25" WXGA|
||Sigma Tel* High Definition Audio||Sigma Tel High Definition Audio||Realtek* High Definition Audio|
|Network card||Marvell Yukon* 88E8036||Marvell Yukon 88E8055||Marvell Yukon 88E8040|
|Wireless network card||Intel®PRO/Wireless 3945ABG with driver 10.6.0.29||Intel® PRO/Wireless 4965AGN with driver 126.96.36.199||Intel®PRO/Wireless 5100AGN with driver 188.8.131.52|
||Sony 56.16 Wh||Sony 56.16 Wh||Sony 54.83 Wh|
||Microsoft Windows Vista* Home Premium, Build 6001 SP1 on NTFS||Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium, Build 6001 SP1 on NTFS||Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium, Build 6001 SP1 on NTFS|
|Microsoft DirectX* version
||Microsoft DirectX* 10||Microsoft DirectX 10||Microsoft DirectX 10|
|Power management mode
||High performance mode
||High performance mode||High performance mode|
Additional information: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
1. 3DMark* Vantage* is a gamers' benchmark for the DX* 10 platform. Its primary purpose is to help gamers evaluate their system performance for gaming use, and through online services relate the tested system to other available hardware. This should provide true value to gamers by enabling them to make better purchasing decisions, and to compete against each other in system performance.
2. Arcsoft MediaConverter* 2.5 is an application that converts photo, video, and music files into formats optimized for use on your portable devices. In this test ArcSoft was used to convert a (2 minutes, 370MB, 1440x1080) Hi-Def home video imported from an HD camcorder to a H.264 MP4 video file (2 minutes, 15.9MB , 720x432, 24fps and 1024Kbps) ready for viewing on an Apple TV. Extrapolation used to calculate the time it takes to convert and compress 5 minutes of video.
3. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom* 1.1 is a photography application that lets you manage, adjust, and present a large amount of photographs. For this scenario, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is used to resize 125 ten-megapixel and 75 six-megapixel JPEG photos at 480x360 resolution for posting to Facebook* or viewing on portable devices such as an Apple iPhone*. The photos are also used to create a personal HTML web gallery that can be published online. Extrapolation is used to calculate the number of images you can prepare in one minute for upload to Facebook*.
4. Adobe Photoshop Elements* 6.0 enables users to organize, edit, and enhance photos. This test was run using the “AutoSmartFix” function on 103 jpeg images with an average size of 600KB. Extrapolation used to calculate how many jpeg images you can correct/enhance using the AutoSmartFix function in 1 minute.
5. Apple iTunes* 7.6.2 is a digital media application that can be used to manage digital music such as converting from one digital audio format to another. In this case, Apple iTunes is used to convert 61 minutes, 24 seconds of music from WAV to MP3 format with a bit rate of 160Kbps for listening on your iPod*. Extrapolation is used to calculate the number of 4-minute songs you can convert in 5 minutes.
6. Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum* 8.0c is a video editing, audio production, and DVD authoring tool. Using the DivX 6.8 encoder, this test shows how long it took to convert and compress a 1-minute, 59 seconds, 370MB, 1440x1080 HD camcorder video file to a 108MB 1440x1080 HD video file in DivX* format. Extrapolation used to calculate the time it takes to convert and compress 10 minutes of Hi-Def video.
7. Performance tests and ratings are measured using specific computer systems and/or components and reflect the approximate performance of Intel® products as measured by those tests. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. Buyers should consult other sources of information to evaluate the performance of systems or components they are considering purchasing. For more information on performance tests and on the performance of Intel products, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/benchmarks/resources-benchmark-limitations.html.