Digital Home: Previous Generation Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor
Get proven performance with Intel's original performance processor.
Additional information: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
1. 3DMark* Vantage* is a gamers' benchmark for the DX* 10 platform. Its primary purpose is to help gamers evaluate their system performance for gaming use, and through online services relate the tested system to other available hardware. This should provide true value to gamers by enabling them to make better purchasing decisions, and to compete against each other in system performance.
2. Arcsoft MediaConverter* 2.5 is an application that converts photo, video, and music files into formats optimized for use on your portable devices. In this test ArcSoft was used to convert a (2 minutes, 370MB, 1440x1080) Hi-Def home video imported from an HD camcorder to a H.264 MP4 video file (2 minutes, 15.9MB , 720x432, 24fps and 1024Kbps) ready for viewing on an Apple TV. Extrapolation used to calculate the time it takes to convert and compress 5 minutes of video.
3. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom* 1.1 is a photography application that lets you manage, adjust, and present a large amount of photographs. For this scenario, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is used to resize 125 ten-megapixel and 75 six-megapixel JPEG photos at 480x360 resolution for posting to Facebook* or viewing on portable devices such as an Apple iPhone*. The photos are also used to create a personal HTML web gallery that can be published online. Extrapolation is used to calculate the number of images you can prepare in one minute for upload to Facebook*.
4. Adobe Photoshop Elements* 6.0 enables users to organize, edit, and enhance photos. This test was run using the “AutoSmartFix” function on 103 jpeg images with an average size of 600KB. Extrapolation used to calculate how many jpeg images you can correct/enhance using the AutoSmartFix function in 1 minute.
5. Apple iTunes* 7.6.2 is a digital media application that can be used to manage digital music such as converting from one digital audio format to another. In this case, Apple iTunes is used to convert 61 minutes, 24 seconds of music from WAV to MP3 format with a bit rate of 160Kbps for listening on your iPod*. Extrapolation is used to calculate the number of 4-minute songs you can convert in 5 minutes.
6. Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum* 8.0c is a video editing, audio production, and DVD authoring tool. Using the DivX 6.8 encoder, this test shows how long it took to convert and compress a 1-minute, 59 seconds, 370MB, 1440x1080 HD camcorder video file to a 108MB 1440x1080 HD video file in DivX* format. Extrapolation used to calculate the time it takes to convert and compress 10 minutes of Hi-Def video.
7. Performance tests and ratings are measured using specific computer systems and/or components and reflect the approximate performance of Intel® products as measured by those tests. Any difference in system hardware or software design or configuration may affect actual performance. Buyers should consult other sources of information to evaluate the performance of systems or components they are considering purchasing. For more information on performance tests and on the performance of Intel products, visit www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/benchmarks/resources-benchmark-limitations.html.