Fly from New York to Paris with Increased Laptop Battery Life
The average battery life of a laptop just four years ago was a little over three hours. But with the newest Ultrabook™ you can get more than ten hours of battery life.
What does that mean for you?
You can watch hours of action movies on devices with low-energy 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors. You can even watch a whole Bourne movie marathon while flying from New York to Paris!
Minimal Power Consumption
One reason for this increase in battery life1 is that newer laptops are far better at conserving their power than older computers, even those from just four years ago.
Many new laptops such as the Ultrabook™ 2 in 1 device, which is a tablet when you want it and a laptop when you need it, are equipped with solid-state drives, long-life batteries and energy-efficient screens—all designed to minimize power consumption.
So whether it’s The Hunger Games or True Blood you can’t wait to sink your teeth into, a device with longer battery life is the key to getting laptop performance that can keep up with your work, creativity and play.
Fun Things to Do With Your Laptop on the Go
Ever think about all of the fun things you can do when you’re not tethered to the wall by your laptop power cord? See how different and fun life becomes when you have a device that keeps up with you on the go!
- Go to the beach and stream an entire season of The Voice.
- Shop for shoes online while sipping a latte at your favorite coffee shop.
- Immediately share the video of you skydiving in Brazil with friends back home.
- Animate your green awareness cartoon from the hammock in the back yard.
- Rainy day at the campground? Watch The Big Bang Theory all day from the comfort of your tent.
- Get a head start on your work emails while riding the commuter rail.
How to Maximize Your Laptop’s Battery Life
To enjoy the maximum life out of any laptop’s battery, the rule-of-thumb is to use what battery power exists as sparingly as possible. This is generally accomplished by:
- turning down the brightness on your screen,
- decreasing the amount of display time that elapses before your screen dims and
- adjusting your power plan.
Windows 8* users can learn more about selecting power plans as well as read answers to frequently asked questions here.
Did you know…
Simple adjustments to a laptop's power settings can keep its battery running for longer and even reduce your power bill. With a slightly dimmer screen and manually adjusted sleep settings, a computer can often get 20 percent or more battery life.
It's well worth the time to make a few key adjustments, especially if you frequently use your Ultrabook or laptop on battery power. Plus, if you know it’s time for a new device, why not visit the Intel® Product Finder today? Here you’ll find all the latest laptops, tablets and 2 in 1 devices built with extraordinary battery life in mind.
1. يتأثر عمر البطارية بالعديد من العوامل، تشمل بنية النظام وحجم البطارية وفاعلية طاقة المعالج. وتعتمد الإشارة المرجعية لعمر البطارية على مقارنة معالجات Intel® Core™ (i7-3820QM) من الجيل الثالث بمعالجات Intel® Core™ (i7) رباعية النوى من الجيل الرابع باستخدام تصميمات Intel المرحعية ذات التكوين المشابه لأداء MobileMark* 2007. ارجع إلى الشركة المصنعة للنظام لديك للتعرف على معلومات محددة بشأن أداء البطارية. يختلف الأداء حسب الأجهزة والبرامج المحددة المستخدمة لديك. للتعرف على مزيد من المعلومات بشأن أداء البطارية، يُرجى زيارة الموقع التالي http://www.intel.com/.