Intel® Setup and Configuration Software (Intel® SCS): System Discovery Utility
This document describes how to use the standalone System Discovery utility.
System Discovery lets you get data about Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) from systems in your network. This data can help organizations to decide how to configure and use Intel AMT in their network.
About System Discovery
The System Discovery utility is a command-line interface (CLI) that gets data from the Intel AMT device and the host platform of the system.
The data is saved in an XML file and/or in the registry of the system. The data can then be collected using third-party hardware and software inventory applications.
The data is saved in the registry of each system at:
• 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Intel\Setup and Configuration Software\SystemDiscovery
• In addition, on 64-bit operating systems: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Intel\Setup and Configuration Software\SystemDiscovery
For information about how to collect this data from the systems, refer to the documentation of your hardware/software inventory application.
• Data is collected from all systems, even systems without Intel AMT. System Discovery tries to get the data about the Intel AMT using the Intel® Manageability Engine Interface (Intel® MEI) driver. If the Intel MEI driver is not installed and enabled, the data about Intel AMT is taken from the BIOS. If the manufacturer has not installed the correct BIOS in the platform, this can cause incorrect values in the data collected about Intel AMT.
• The Configurator component of Intel® Setup and Configuration Software also includes a “SystemDiscovery” command. The SystemDiscovery command includes an option to send the discovery data to the Remote Configuration Service (RCS) and save it in the database. This option is not available in the standalone System Discovery Utility.
• Some of the data collected during discovery can also be viewed in the Intel® Management Engine BIOS Extension (Intel® MEBX).
Read the full Intel® Setup and Configuration Software: System Discovery Utility Guide.