Put groundbreaking manageability, proactive security, and virtualization support into your embedded and communications solutions with Intel® vPro™ technology. Integrated within many embedded Intel® processors and chipsets, Intel® vPro™ technology enhances your solutions with remote maintenance and management capabilities, more robust platform-level security features, and hardware-based virtualization support to enable system consolidation.
With the advanced security and management features built into Intel® vPro™ technology, your embedded solutions can offer:
- Accelerated data encryption/decryption using Intel® AES New Instructions1, improving user productivity
- Significant improvements in protection of sensitive data on missing embedded devices, using Intel® Anti-Theft Technology2
- Ability for IT technicians to quickly deploy security patches across devices, remotely unlock encrypted drives, and manage data security settings
- Complete remote control over embedded devices3
Together the following Intel® vPro™ technology capabilities deliver unprecedented hardware support for security and management functions, enabling reliable, trusted, and cost-effective solutions.
- Intel® vPro™ technology remote management and maintenance capabilities enable IT professionals to query, fix, and protect networked embedded devices, even when they’re powered off, not responding, or have software issues.
- Part of Intel® vPro™ technology, Intel® Virtualization technology accelerates transfer of platform control and the movement of data between the virtual machine monitor (VMM) and other platform agents, lowering the workload on the VMM.
- Intel® vPro™ technology with Intel® Trusted Execution technology protects embedded devices and virtual environments against rootkit and other system level attacks. Using an industry-standard TPM 1.2 to store keys and other protected data, Intel® vPro™ technology boots the BIOS, operating system, and software into a “trusted” execution state, verifying the integrity of the virtual machine and protecting the platform from unauthorized access.
- With the 2nd generation Intel® vPro™ processor family with Intel® Anti-Theft Technology, Intel® vPro™ technology integrates advanced protection for portable embedded devices that go missing. IT professionals can prevent access to the device and stored data – even completely disable it – remotely.
- With Intel® vPro™ technology in the 2nd generation Intel® vPro™ processor family, Intel® AES New Instructions accelerate data encryption/decryption, enabling ubiquitous deployment of data protection without degrading performance.
Intel® vPro™ technology also improves network traffic filtering and isolates clients under attack. Preventive security efforts are enhanced with automatic verification and immediate remote restoration security agents. And with reliable remote power-up/power-down functionality, systems can be maintained during off hours.