Superior graphics – no charge
Intel® HD Graphics1 enables superior graphics and 3D experiences – without the added cost of a discrete graphics card. Now, users can enjoy immersive2 gaming on titles that are optimized for Intel® HD Graphics, such as Star Trek Online*. Intel® HD Graphics delivers up to 3X performance over previous-generation Intel® HD Graphics3,4 – with additional headroom for tomorrow’s games. Plus, it integrates advanced 3D processing for stunning visual experiences that put users right into the middle of the action. For great gaming without the cost of extra hardware, recommend PCs with a 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ processor.
Help your customers find out what games are optimized for Intel® HD Graphics before they play.
Graphics built into the CPU
Intel® HD Graphics is next-generation graphics technology in 2nd generation Intel® Core™ processors. Intel® HD Graphics integrates high-performance graphics and media processing right on the processor, putting the two key gaming components – CPU processing and graphics – together on a single chip. Two versions of Intel® HD Graphics are available: Intel® HD Graphics 3000 and Intel® HD Graphics 2000.
Watch this demo and see how built-in visuals deliver incredible visual experiences.
How it works
Intel® HD Graphics takes advantage of graphics being integrated into the processor, thus significantly boosting performance, while eliminating the need for separate hardware and the design and performance challenges that accompany them. The graphics engine includes more, redesigned execution units (EUs) and enhanced 3D functionality.
Intel® HD Graphics includes these innovative features and benefits:
- Accelerated graphics processing takes advantage of shared last-level cache between the processor and graphics.
- Intel® 32nm process technology throughout, delivers higher performance and better energy efficiency.
- Faster 3D rendering and more complex shading create more responsive and realistic 3D gaming.
- Intel® HD Graphics 3000 delivers immersive and casual mainstream gaming capabilities with entry-level discrete graphics card performance without an additional graphics card or chip.
- Intel® HD Graphics 2000 delivers casual mainstream gaming capabilities without an additional graphics card or chip.