On the Go
Take Your Business Everywhere
A mobile office lets you run your own business and be on top of everything, all the time. Being able to work efficiently and productively anywhere is a key to a successful business. We have a few tips on taking your business mobile, with ease.
Creating a Mobile Office
What do you need to set up a mobile office.
There are many reasons to help your employees go mobile. They enjoy greater flexibility to complete jobs, receive updates and respond to clients. Studies also show that greater autonomy promotes greater productivity both quality and quantity-wise. Once you decide to empower your employees, your next step is providing the tools.
Most mobile offices begin with a laptop computer, which can be transported easily wherever work needs to be done. Discover the new business-class device that gives you the best of everything you want for your company. The ultra responsive, ultra sleek Ultrabook™ is less than an inch thick, wakes up in a flash and runs for hours, perfect for your most seasoned travelers. This is the most important piece to being mobile.
In addition to laptop computers, you may want to consider these options:
- A mobile printer, so you can print material from your laptop
- A USB drive (also called a jump, flash, or thumb drive) on which you can back up the data that’s on your laptop, transfer the data to other computers, and share files with other people
- Online fax services such as efax1 and Innoport1 (These links will take you to an external website), which allow you to send faxes as e-mail
- A cell phone or VoIP phone that can keep you connected to the office and customers
- Mobile Internet Access so you can work on the move. Having a data plan of some kind ensures your employees will be connected at all times.
- Explore many online software and web services that allow you to cut down on the hardware needed. For instance, you can use Dropbox1 to provide free online storage and quick file sharing between your employees.
Setting up an effective mobile office is easy and allows your employees flexibility in completing their duties. The tools should just follow some simple rules – easy-to-use and lightweight. Soon enough, you will be able to work anytime and anywhere you want.
As technology improves, it’s easier to stay on the go. Learn more about business PCs with the new 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5 processors and see which ones would best suit your needs for your mobile office.
To find the best IT solutions for your business, contact our channel partners to help you find the products and guidance you need.
Out of the Office, Never out of Touch
For many SMBs, many more employees are staying connected and getting more done every day through their mobile devices. It’s no longer an option for them to be out of touch with the office.