Boost productivity. Increase data security. Cut IT costs.
At first glance, delaying the replacement of older PCs may seem like a prudent cost-saving strategy; however, in the long run, the rising cost to support aging PCs will begin to eclipse any expected savings—and may even cost your company more money.
Meeting the challenges of today’s evolving PC environment
Increasingly complex software, new cloud-based computing applications, and even Internet downloads can slow the performance of older hardware—limiting the productivity of employees. Older PCs are often more susceptible to new, aggressive security attacks. Upgrading to new PCs equipped with the latest Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors can help address these challenges.
It’s more than a performance upgrade. It’s embedded security technology.1
New Intel® Core™ vPro™ processor-based PCs come with embedded security that delivers unprecedented protection for your clients and business data.2 These distinctive built-in features are specially designed to address the key concerns of IT security management by providing:
- Device Protection: Added protection against malware and rootkits in both virtual and physical environments with Intel® Trusted Execution Technology and Intel® Virtualization Technology3, 4
- Controlled Access: Stronger authentication and password protection to help keep access points to your enterprise safer with Intel® Identity Protection Technology5
- Data Protection: Seamless protection of important business data with Intel® Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions, which helps encrypt data up to four times faster—without slowing performance6, 7, 8
- Read the IT Planning Guide: Preventing Stealthy Threats with Next-Generation Endpoint Security.
- Check out the processor comparison guide to better understand your business-based PC options.
Productivity and flexibility designed to fit any
Diverse business models and employee roles require different technology solutions. Exciting new Ultrabook™ devices, tablets, and all-in-one desktops powered with Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors offer innovative high-performance technology choices to your employees—whether they are working at a desk or mobile.
- Find the right device to match your employees' needs: Check out the device selection guide.
- Discover the benefits of a business-class Ultrabook™: Evaluating Ultrabook™ Devices for the Enterprise.
- Boost productivity with the latest innovative devices for business.
Change is not only good, it’s essential.
Taking advantage of new enterprise operating system capabilities and software solutions can also boost productivity, strengthen security, and reduce PC management costs.
Windows* 7 upgrade
Many enterprises who still use Windows XP* as the operating system of choice for their environments will need to consider their migration plans, as Microsoft ends extended support for Windows XP in April 2014.
Easier migration. Greater performance.
Drawing on vast experience and expertise from across the industry, Intel has developed comprehensive best practices and innovative technologies to help your business get the most out of its migration to Windows 7. With the right processor, advance preparation, and smart deployment, you can save time, reduce expenses, and minimize disruption.
- Establish your migration plan: Clear Path for Windows Migration
- Boost enterprise security during migration: Windows 7 Security with Intel® Core™ vPro™ Processors
Windows* 8 upgrade
Not just a traditional OS update, Windows 8 represents a significant shift in device interaction, combining mainstream enterprise client computing with a touch-driven experience on a single platform. Deploying Windows 8 on new devices for use by highly mobile workers and custom work streams can boost business productivity, enhance customer service, and improve real-time decision making throughout your enterprise.
Seamless integration, complete compatibility
Intel processor-based devices are compatible with your company’s existing applications, peripherals, and drivers, ensuring a smooth Windows 8 Enterprise integration and protecting past infrastructure investments. Additionally, you can choose from the widest selection of devices with a variety of security, manageability, and performance options that span the family of Intel processors.
Performance you can put your finger on
You’ll also find a growing number of touch screen designs now available in business tablets, all-in-one PCs, and Ultrabook devices.9 So no matter which Intel processor-based device you choose, you’ll get the performance and compatibility you’ve come to expect.
- Read the Windows 8 for business brochure to see how Intel processors and Windows 8 Pro create a compatible workplace.
- Learn how Intel IT is Deploying Microsoft Windows 8 in the Enterprise
- Read the brief: The Right Touch for Windows 8 Tablets: Choosing Among Intel Processors