Usage Guidelines for the Thunderbolt™ Trademark
- bus driver
- Whenever the Thunderbolt™ logo appears, the following footnote must also appear: "Thunderbolt and the Thunderbolt logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries."
- Whenever the Thunderbolt™ brand appears, the following footnote must also appear: "Thunderbolt is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries."
Proper trademark usage rules:
- As with all other trademarks, the Thunderbolt™ trademark should be used as an adjective and not as a noun. This means that an appropriate and approved noun must accompany the Thunderbolt™ mark (e.g., Thunderbolt™ technology). See the above list of approved nouns for the Thunderbolt™ trademark.
- The appropriate use of trademark symbol with this trademark is as follows: Thunderbolt™ technology.
- Use the trademark symbol in the first appearance of the trademark in a headline, and/or the first prominent use, and first appearance in the body of text.
- Never hyphenate or abbreviate the Thunderbolt™ trademark.
- The Thunderbolt™ trademark can be incorporated into a third party product name if it’s based off the Thunderbolt™ technology, such as XYZ Thunderbolt™ adapters
Sample Usage Chart
|Correct Usage||Incorrect Usage|
|Thunderbolt™ technology||Thunder Bolt™ technology|
|Thunderbolt™ technology||ThunderBolt™ technology|
|XYZ Thunderbolt™ adapter||XYZ Intel Thunderbolt™ adapter|
|Thunderbolt™ technology ready||Thunderbolt ready|
|Thunderbolt™ technology enabled product||Thunderbolt-enabled product|
More Trademark and Brands Information