Usage Guidelines for the Thunderbolt™ 2 Trademark
- Whenever the Thunderbolt™ 2 logo appears, the following footnote must also appear: "Thunderbolt and the Thunderbolt logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries."
- Whenever the Thunderbolt™ 2 brand appears, the following footnote must also appear: "Thunderbolt is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries."
Proper trademark usage rules:
- As with all other trademarks, the Thunderbolt™ 2 trademark should be used as an adjective and not as a noun. This means that an appropriate and approved noun must accompany the Thunderbolt™ 2 mark (e.g., Thunderbolt™ 2 technology). See the above list of approved nouns for the Thunderbolt™ 2 trademark.
- The appropriate use of trademark symbol with this trademark is as follows: Thunderbolt™ 2 technology.
- Use the trademark symbol in the first appearance of the trademark in a headline, and/or the first prominent use, and first appearance in the body of text.
- Never hyphenate or abbreviate the Thunderbolt™ 2 trademark.
- The Thunderbolt™ 2 trademark can be incorporated into a third party product name if it’s based off the Thunderbolt™ 2 technology, such as XYZ Thunderbolt™ 2 adapters
Sample Usage Chart
|Correct Usage||Incorrect Usage|
|Thunderbolt™ 2 technology||Thunder Bolt™ 2 technology|
|Thunderbolt™ 2 technology||Thunderbolt 2
|Thunderbolt™ 2 technology||ThunderBolt™ 2 technology|
|XYZ Thunderbolt™ 2 adapter||XYZ Intel Thunderbolt™ 2 adapter|
|Thunderbolt™ 2 technology ready||Thunderbolt 2 ready|
|Thunderbolt™ 2 technology enabled product||Thunderbolt-2-enabled product|
More Trademark and Brands Information