Usage Guidelines for the Pentium® or Intel® Pentium® Trademark
- desktop processor
- mobile processor
- processor family
- Whenever the Pentium® logo appears, the following footnote must also appear: "Intel, the Intel logo, Pentium Inside, and Pentium are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries."
- Whenever the Pentium® name appears, the following footnote must also appear: "Pentium is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries."
Proper Trademark Usage rules Include:
- As with all other trademarks, the Pentium® trademark should be used as an adjective and not as a noun. This means that an appropriate and approved noun must accompany the Pentium® trademark (e.g., Pentium® processor). See the above list of approved nouns for the Pentium® trademark.
- The appropriate use of trademark symbols with this trademark is as follows: Pentium® trademark.
- Use the trademark symbol in the first appearance of the trademark in a headline, and/or the first prominent use, and first appearance in the body of text.
- Never hyphenate or abbreviate the Pentium® trademark.
- Never incorporate the Pentium® trademark or any part of the trademark into a third party’s company name, product brand name, or model number.
- For products with an assigned processor number, the processor number must follow the processor brand name (e.g., Pentium® processor T2000).
- Processor number font, size, and color must be treated the same as the rest of the brand text mention.
Sample Usage Chart
|Correct Usage||Incorrect Usage|
|Pentium® processor||Dual Core Pentium® processor|
|Pentium® processor||Pentium® dual core|
|Pentium® desktop processor E2000||Pentium® dual-core E2000 desktop processor|
|Pentium® mobile processor T2000||T2000 Pentium® dual-core mobile processor|
|ABC system with Pentium® desktop processor||ABC Pentium®-dual-core based processor|
More Trademark and Brands Information