Usage Guidelines for the Itanium® or Intel® Itanium® Trademark
- processor family
- Solutions Alliance
- Solutions Guide
- Whenever the Itanium® logo appears, the following footnote must also appear: "Intel, the Intel logo, the Intel Inside logo and Itanium are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries."
- Whenever the Itanium® brand appears, the following footnote must also appear: "Itanium is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries."
Proper Trademark Usage Rules Include:
- As with all other trademarks, the Itanium® trademark should be used as an adjective and not as a noun. This means that an appropriate and approved noun must accompany the Itanium trademark. See the above list of approved nouns for the Itanium® trademark.
- The appropriate use of trademark symbols with this trademark is as follows: Intel® Itanium® trademark.
- Use the trademark symbol in the first appearance of the trademark in a headline, and/or the first prominent use and first appearance in the body of text.
- Never abbreviate the Itanium® trademark.
- Never hyphenate the Itanium® trademark except as set forth specifically in the Itanium®-based guidelines.
- Never incorporate the Itanium trademark or any part of the trademark into a third party's company name, product brand name or model number.
Sample Usage Chart
|Correct Usage||Incorrect Usage|
|Intel® Itanium® processor||Itanium by Intel®|
|Itanium® processor power!||Itanium Power!|
|Motherboard for an Itanium® processor||Itanium motherboard|
|ABC system with an Itanium® processor||ABC Itanium™ system|
|Computer containing an Itanium® processor||Itanium computerr|
|System with an Intel® Itanium® processor||Intel Itanium system|
More Trademark and Brands Information