Usage Guidelines for the Iris™ and Iris™ Pro Trademark
- Graphics Control Panel
- Whenever the Iris™ brand appears, the following footnote must also appear: ""Iris is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries."
- Whenever the Iris™ brand appears with the Intel brand or logo, the following footnote must also appear: “Intel, the Intel logo and Iris are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.”
Proper trademark usage rules include:
- As with all other trademarks, the Iris™ trademark should be used as an adjective and not as a noun. This means that an appropriate and approved noun must accompany the Iris™ trademark (e.g., the Iris™ graphics). See the above list of approved nouns for the Iris™ and Iris™ Pro names.
- The appropriate use of trademark symbols with this trademark is as follows: Iris™ graphics. No trademark symbol (such as, ®, ™ or SM) should be used with Pro (e.g., Iris™ Pro graphics).
- Use the trademark symbol in the first appearance of the trademark in a headline, and/or the first prominent use, and first appearance in the body of text.
- Always have a space between “IRIS” and “PRO”, such as Iris™ Pro graphics.
- Never hyphenate or abbreviate the Iris™ trademark.
- Never incorporate the Iris™ trademark or any part of the trademark into third party’s company name, product brand name, or model number.
Sample Usage Chart
|Correct Usage||Incorrect Usage|
|Intel® Iris™ graphics||Intel Iris™ graphics|
|HP Systems with Intel® Iris™ graphics||HP Iris™ graphics|
|Iris™ graphics||IRIS graphics|
|Intel® Iris™ Pro graphics||Iris™ Pro by Intel|
|Iris™. Graphics by Intel.||Intel® Iris™. Graphics by Intel.|
|Iris™. Graphics by Intel.
|Iris™ Pro. Graphics by Intel.
||Irs™ Pro. Graphics by Intel®.|
More Trademark and Brands Information