Usage Guidelines for the Intel® Core™2 Duo Trademark
- desktop processor
- desktop processor family
- mobile processor
- mobile processor family
- processor family
- Whenever the Intel® Core™2 Duo logo appears, the following footnote must also appear: "Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core and Core Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries."
- Whenever the Intel® Core™2 Duo brand appears, the following footnote must also appear: "Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries."
Proper Trademark Usage Rules Include:
- As with all other trademarks, the Intel® Core™2 Duo trademark should be used as an adjective and not as a noun. This means that an appropriate and approved noun must accompany the Intel® Core™2 Duo trademark (e.g., Intel® Core™2 Duo processor). See the above list of approved nouns for the Intel® Core™2 Duo trademark.
- The appropriate use of trademark symbols with this trademark is as follows: Intel® Core™2 Duo processor. No trademark symbol (such as, ®, ™ or SM) should be used with Duo.
- Use the trademark symbol in the first appearance of the trademark in a headline, and/or the first prominent use, and first appearance in the body of text.
- Always have a space between “CORE” and “2”, such as Intel® Core™2 Duo processor, where the ™ is the space or Intel Core 2 Duo processor when no ™ is used.
- Always capitalize the word Duo.
- Never hyphenate or abbreviate Intel® Core™2 Duo trademark.
- Never incorporate Intel® Core™2 Duo trademark or any part of the trademark into third party’s company name, product brand name, or model number.
- It’s an Intel Legal mandate to include the Intel mark because this is a unitary trademark with Intel as an integral part of the whole trademark; thus, Intel MUST always be used in the mark (e.g., the entire trademark is “Intel® Core™”)
- For products with an assigned processor number, the processor number must follow the processor brand name (e.g., Intel® Core™2 Duo processor U2200).
- Processor number font, size, and color must be treated the same as the rest of the brand text mention.
Sample Usage Chart
|Correct Usage||Incorrect Usage|
|Intel® Core™2 Duo processor||Core2 Duo processor|
|Intel® Core™2 Duo processor –based PC||PC based on Core™ Duo 2 processor|
|ABC system with Intel® Core™2 Duo processor||ABC Core™2 Duo-based system|
|Intel® Core™2 Duo brand||Core™ 2 Duo brand|
|Intel® Core™2 Duo processor E4000||Intel® Core™2 Duo E4000 processor|
|Intel® Core™2 Duo processor L7000||L7000 Intel® Core™2 Duo processor|
|Intel® Core™2 Duo processor E6000||Core™ Duo processor E6000|
More Trademark and Brands Information