Intel has a three-year warranty from the date of purchase for most processors, server and desktop boards, and RAID controllers and modules.
No warranty on:
If you bought a computer from a manufacturer such as HP, Dell or Gateway, or otherwise came with a processor already installed, contact that reseller for warranty replacement.
Intel does not track purchase dates. You may be required to have proof of purchase for a warranty replacement.
Troubleshoot your issue
Many issues can be solved by updating the BIOS, or other configuration steps. Check out how to fix your problem.
If your troubleshooting results indicate that your product may need replacement or repair, you should:
- Find the required information for a processor, or a processor fan, or
- Find the right numbers for a motherboard or RAID controller.
To speed up the warranty process, it is also best to have:
- Complete description of the issue
- Description of which troubleshooting steps you have already performed. We may require additional steps before processing a warranty request.
- Your system information, where applicable. Under Windows* the Intel® System Information Retrieval Utility can get your:
- System Configuration Information
- Operating system information
- BIOS, firmware and driver versions installed
- Processor(s) and memory installed
- Additional adapters
- Additional devices used
- Proof of purchase
What are my replacement options?
Intel may repair, replace or refund your unit, if it is covered by our warranty. Once you have completed the above steps, we will be happy to let you know what options are available to you.