Click on the questions to expand the content:
How do I get a warranty replacement?If you are an Intel® Technology Provider Program member, visit the online warranty and support tool. If you are not a member, contact Intel customer support or chat with an agent.
What warranty support am I eligible for?Intel, at its option, reserves the right to repair, refund, or replace products covered by an Intel warranty. The following replacement options are available.
Standard warranty replacement (SWR)This warranty service is available to all members of the Intel® Technology Provider Program and nonmembers.
- Standard warranty replacement (SWR):
- Intel ships out a replacement part on receipt of the non-functional or defective product that is eligible for warranty service.
- The SWR program is available 30 days after the purchase date. Any warranty replacement that is required inside 30 days of purchase should be made through your Intel® Authorized Distributor. If your Intel Authorized Distributor is not available, contact Intel directly.
- Non-functional or defective parts must be returned inside 30 days of the replacement request or the order for replacement is cancelled.
- The maximum allowable units for replacement at any given time under SWR are 20 units for Intel® Technology Provider Program members, and 5 units for non-members.
Note Registered Intel® Technology Provider Program members and non-members are eligible for SWR only, but can pay for cross-ship support in some countries.
Advanced warranty replacement (AWR)
This limited premium warranty service is available only to eligible partners of the Intel® Technology Provider Program who meet designated criteria.
- Advanced warranty replacement (AWR) is a limited premium warranty benefit. This warranty is only available to eligible channel program members who purchase qualifying Intel® products sold through Intel Authorized Distributors in their region. Not applicable to the Intel® Desktop Board D201GLY.
- Intel ships replacement products, or spare parts, to participants in the Intel gold partner or Intel platinum partner program, without waiting for the defective part to be returned.
- The AWR program is available 30 days after purchase. Any warranty replacement that is required inside 30 days of purchase should be made through your Intel Authorized Distributor. If your distributor is not available, contact Intel directly.
- The non-functional or defective parts must be returned to Intel 30 days from submitting the warranty replacement request. Failure to return in this timeframe might result in a suspension of your AWR benefits.
- The maximum allowable units for replacement at any given time under AWR warranty:
- 10 units for Intel® Technology Provider Program level 1 platinum partner.
- 6 units for Intel® Technology Provider Program level 2 platinum and gold partners.
Note Intel can add or change the AWR terms and conditions at any time. AWR support can be denied for any request that does not meet the AWR requirements. The AWR program can be discontinued, once notice to AWR program participants is made. Note
Intel® Platform Collaboration and Systems Division High Performance Compute Block system warranties should be processed through Intel Customer Support. For warranty service, contact customer support.
What are the spare part(s) fulfillment terms?
- Fulfillment (FUL) is an Intel warranty service for a fulfillment item, and is available to all members of the Intel® Technology Provider Program and non-members.
- Online FUL ordering is only available to Intel® Technology Provider Program members.
- Intel ships out a replacement part when the entitlement is validated.
- Warranty replacement inside 30 days of purchase should be made through your Intel Authorized Distributor.
- The maximum allowable units for FUL orders made online are five units.
What information do I need to provide?Be prepared to provide the following:
- Proof of purchase
- Intel® Technology Provider Program membership number (if member)
- Your email address and telephone number
- Your shipping address
- Name of the product
- For High Performance Compute block server systems provide the system Product Code (PROD CODE) to the support agent
- Product part number
- Serial number or SL code for boards or server products
- FPO and ATPO for processors
- Serial number/secure serial number for SSD products
- Description of the problem
|Note||Registered Intel® Technology Provider Program members and non-members are required to do troubleshooting before warranty is fulfilled.|
How do I identify my product for a warranty replacement?The following links provide images displaying product identification numbers for Intel® products.
How do I use the Online Warranty and Support Tool?
This tool is only available for Intel® Technology Provider Program members. These videos explain how to set up an online warranty return. If you are not a member, first contact your place of purchase. If you are unable to get support, contact Intel customer support.
High Performance Compute block server systems are not eligible for Online warranty. Contact Intel customer support to process warranty requests.
How do I package my product?We recommend that you use original packaging when sending products in for warranty. If the original packaging is not available, you must package the product appropriately to prevent physical damage during shipping.
Here are links for packaging the different product types:
The warranty does not cover damage. Intel is not responsible for product that is damaged before transit or during transit.
We are not able to track or return user-installed components or items that were included in the box. Do not send these items to the Warranty Center.
|Processor||Motherboard/Single||Motherboard/Multi-Slot||Solid State Drive|
Can I have my product replaced with a different one?Intel replaces a product with a like product, not a different one.
How do I interpret and fill out the return commercial invoice?
The return commercial invoice is a document required for a warranty return when shipping across international borders. The look of the commercial invoice differs based on your location. The image here should help guide you in completing the commercial invoice:
What is the estimated shipping time?If you have requested and are eligible for an Advanced warranty replacement (AWR), your replacement product ships the same day as the request. If you requested a Standard Warranty Request (SWR), your replacement product ships after your returned product is inspected for physical damage. Shipping times vary by region because of customs clearance, local shipping conditions, and availability of replacement parts. Once your product ships, the carrier sends you the tracking number.
When returning a faulty CPU, do I need to send the fan as well?No. Do not return your fan. Fans returned are scrapped.
Where do I ship my product for a warranty replacement?The order confirmation you get by email has all the return instructions you need, including the return shipping address.
How do I register my Intel® product?Intel does not require you to register your product. If you need a warranty support RMA, visit the Warranty Center.
What products are supported under the Intel warranty program?Intel stocks the following products for warranty replacement purposes:
- Intel® Boxed Processors
- Intel® Desktop Boards
- Intel® Workstation Boards
- Intel® Server Boards
- Intel® Chassis Subassembly Kits
- Intel® NUC Boards and Kits
- Intel® Solid State Drives (Intel® SSDs)
- Selected Intel® Server Boards and Platforms
- Intel® Wireless Network Interface Cards
- Intel® Wireless Products and Xircom® Products
|Note||Replacement for Xircom® Products cannot be ordered online. Customers are advised to contact Intel Customer Support for Xircom warranty replacements.|