What features are unique to Intel® Core™2 Duo Mobile Processors?
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processors include many advanced innovations, including:
- Intel® Wide Dynamic Execution – Improves performance and efficiency as each core can complete up to four full instructions simultaneously using an efficient 14-stage pipeline.
- Intel® Smart Memory Access – Improves system performance by hiding memory latency, thus optimizing the use of available computer data bandwidth to provide data to the processor when and where it is needed.
- Intel® Advanced Smart Cache – Includes a shared L2 cache or memory reservoir to reduce power by minimizing memory "traffic" yet increases performance by allowing one core to utilize the entire cache when the other core is idle. Only Intel provides this capability in all segments.
- Intel® Advanced Digital Media Boost – Effectively doubles the execution speed for instructions used widely in multimedia and graphics applications.
- Intel® 64 Technology – This enhancement to Intel's 32-bit architecture supports 64-bit computing, including enabling the processor to access larger amounts of memory.
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo mobile processors include many advanced innovations, including:
- Intel® Dynamic Power Coordination – Coordinates Enhanced Intel SpeedStep® Technology and idle power-management state (C-states) transitions independently per core to help save power.
- Intel Dynamic Bus Parking – Enables platform power savings and improved battery life by allowing the chipset to power down with the processor in low-frequency mode.
- Intel® Enhanced Deeper Sleep with Dynamic Cache Sizing – Saves power by flushing cache data to system memory during periods of inactivity to lower CPU voltage.
Where can I find information about the Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor?
The Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor is Intel's second-generation mobile dual-core processor designed to deliver breakthrough performance and great power savings. With an Intel® Centrino® Processor technology-based laptop with the new Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4 MB cache, you can enjoy a greater than 20% performance increase when doing processor-intensive tasks like multitasking compared to previous-generation laptops with Intel® Core™ Duo Processors. For more information, please review the Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor Mobile Processor Product Brief.
Where can I find information such as processor speed, processor number, cache size, chipset compatibility, pricing, and product order codes?
Information about Intel® Processors can be found by searching the processor products database. If you are unable to locate (search or browse) either the Intel® Processor that you are looking for, please send us your feedback.
For more information about Intel® Core™2 Duo mobile processors please refer to the following:
- Product Specifications and Comparisons
- Intel® Processor Numbers
- Mobile performance
- Virtualization technology
- Intel® Processor Identification Utility
Links to related FAQ
- Which Intel® mobile processors contain integrated graphics (Intel® HD Graphics)?
- Does my processor support Intel® Virtualization Technology?
- Multi-core questions and answers
- Common questions on Intel® Processors
- Frequently asked questions on integrated graphics
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology frequently asked questions
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology Monitor frequently asked questions
- Frequently asked questions for mobile processors