What is the problem?
Many laptops have a hardware switch to enable or disable the wireless radio. If the switch is disabled and you are using Intel® Centrino® Mobile Technology, you may experience one or more of the following issues:
- No wireless connectivity
- Wireless radio cannot be activated from Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility or other applications
- Wireless adapter cannot detect or connect with any other wireless device in the environment
What is causing the problem?
Symptoms may occur when the hardware manufacturer has implemented a hardware switch to enable or disable the wireless radio. The functionality allows you to switch off the wireless radio in radio sensitive environments, such as an airplane.
How to fix
The hardware switch can be implemented in many ways, including:
- Hardware switch at the side or front of laptop.
- Button around the keyboard area.
- Key combinations utilizing Fn, Ctrl, Alt in conjunction with specialized function keys ranging from F1 to F12.
We do not control the implementation of hardware radio control switches. Refer to the computer documentation or contact your computer manufacturer.