Beginning with Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software version 15.6.0 the installation process has been updated. Many of the choices have been renamed or combined to reduce installation time. IT Administrators have more options using setup.xml.
- The first three screens have been combined into one screen with the following:
- Welcome screen.
- View and agree to the EULA.
- Install replaces Typical, and Customize replaces Custom.
- Intel® WiFi Link Driver
- Intel® My WiFi Technology
- Intel® PROSet Wireless Enterprise Software
- Automatically installs the Administrator tool and Intel PROSet/Wireless Enterprise Software.
- Repair: Automatically repairs files as done previously.
- Modify: Replaces the Change feature, to allow you to modify the way features are installed.
- Uninstall: Replaces the Remove feature, to allow you to uninstall Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software from your computer.
- Save Settings: Saves settings similar to previous versions.
- Discard Settings: Replaces Remove and does not save settings when software is uninstalled.
- Success: Replaces the page marked as Completed.
- Errors detected during Install: This is a new page. It only displays if errors are detected during install. The software tries to resolve these errors and reattempts installation.
Related topics Silent installation of wireless components with Setup.xml Automatically identify and find drivers