Beginning with Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software version 15.6.0, the installation process has been updated. Many of the choices have been renamed or combined to reduce installation time. IT Administrators have more options using setup.xml.
- The first three screens have been combined into one screen with the following:
- Welcome screen.
- View and agree to the EULA.
- Install replaces Typical, and Customize replaces Custom.
- Options (You may see different available options depending on the driver version and Operating System)
- Intel® WiFi Link Driver
- Intel® My WiFi Technology
- Intel® PROSet Wireless Enterprise Software
- Wireless Software Extensions
- Administrator Toolkit
- Repair: Automatically repairs files as done previously.
- Modify: Replaces the Change feature, to allow you to modify the way features are installed.
- Uninstall: Replaces the Remove feature, to allow you to uninstall Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software from your computer.
- Save Settings: Saves settings similar to previous versions.
- Discard Settings: Replaces Remove and does not save settings when software is uninstalled.
- Success: Replaces the page marked as Completed.
- Errors detected during Install: A new page that only displays if errors are detected during install. The software tries to resolve these errors and reattempts installation.
|Silent installation of wireless components with Setup.xml|
|Automatically identify and find drivers|