The table lists all retail boxed versions of Intel® Ethernet Adapters and the type of driver support they have for Windows 8.1*.
Intel® Ethernet Adapters with driver support for Windows 8.1*
|Description||In Box Support1||Full |
|10/100 Mbps Ethernet Adapters: ||Yes||No|
|PCI and PCI-X* Gigabit (1000 Mbps) Adapters: ||Yes||No|
|PCI-Express* Gigabit (1000 Mbps) Adapters: ||Yes||No|
|PCI-X* 10GbE (10 Gbps Ethernet Adapters): ||No||No|
|PCI-Express* Intel® Ethernet 10 Gigabit Server Adapters with Intel® 82598 10 Gigabit Ethernet Controller: ||Yes||No|
|PCI-Express* Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapters with Intel® 82599 10 Gigabit Ethernet Controller: ||Yes||Yes|
|PCI-Express* Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapters with Intel® Ethernet Controller X540: ||Yes||Yes|
1 In-box support
- Driver and software updates are not planned for adapters with only in-box support. These adapters cannot be updated using automated or manual methods.
- Intel® PROSet for Windows* Device Manager and Advanced Network Services (ANS) driver for teaming and VLANS are not included with in-box support.
- To add an adapter with in-box support to a team using multivendor teaming (MVT), see the user guide.
2 Full support
- These adapters have updated drivers, Intel® PROSet for Windows Device Manager, and Advanced Network Services (teaming and VLAN) software available in Download Center.
- Use the Intel® Driver Update Utility for Wired Networking to detect and update drivers.
- Manually download the latest Intel® Ethernet Software and drivers.