Click or the topic for details:
What is a monitor driver or monitor .INF file?A monitor driver supplies configuration information (an .INF file) used by the operating system to implement the plug and play (PnP) features of the monitor. This configuration information includes supported refresh rates, screen resolution, and color quality settings. The configuration file is also known as a monitor .INF file.
Do I need to install a monitor driver or monitor .INF file?The following are some reasons why you might want to install a monitor driver on .INF file:
- To resolve monitor or display problems. For example, you have a blurry display or are unable to select the native resolution of your monitor or display, or only 640×480 or 800×600 resolutions are available. Plug and play monitors usually do not need a separate monitor driver. However, if a monitor driver or .INF file is available, installing it would add support for display resolutions, refresh rates, or color quality.
- Recommendation from your computer manufacturer or monitor manufacturer.
- Recommendation from an Intel Customer Support agent.
Where can I get a monitor driver or .INF file?Check in these areas:
- The installation disc that came with your monitor or display device.
- The website of your monitor manufacturer to see if a monitor driver or monitor .INF file is available for download.
|Note||This list is not comprehensive but you can assist in keeping the list updated. If your monitor manufacturer is not listed, you can send us the name of the manufacturer in the survey comment box at the left side of this page that becomes viewable after responding to the survey question.|
How do I install or update the monitor driver?First, make sure the Intel® graphics driver is installed. Then, use one of the following suggestions to install or update the monitor driver:
- If your monitor display came with an install disc, insert the disc and follow the onscreen instructions.
- If you don't have an install disc, check with your monitor manufacturer to see if an updated monitor driver or monitor INF file is available. See Where can I get a monitor driver or .INF file?
|Multiple Displays FAQ|
|Intel® Driver Update Utility Graphics|
|Glossary of terms|