The following steps describe how to generate an Intel graphics driver report, as well as how to include this report when sending a Technical Support e-mail form.
Step 1: Open the Intel graphics control panel
Hotkey method: Press Ctrl Alt F12 to directly open up the application. Select ‘Advanced Mode’ if prompted.
Desktop method: Right-click the desktop and select Graphics Properties.
If you do not see Graphics Properties, or are unable to open the graphics control panel, follow the steps located in How To Open The Intel Graphics Control Panel.
If you are prompted to select Basic Mode, Advanced Mode, or Wizard Mode, select Advanced Mode and then click OK.
Step 2: Locate and save the Intel graphics driver report
Every so often there is a new version of the graphics control panel released. They have radically different styles and appearances, and sometimes completely different methods for locating the driver report. In order to determine which process you should follow to locate your driver report, you must first identify which version you are using.
Latest: Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel
1. Select Options.
2. Select the dropdown & choose Information Center.
3. Select save & name the output file.
Figure 1: The Intel graphics driver report as seen in the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel.
Previous: Intel® Graphics and Media Control Panel
1. Select Options and Support.
2. Select Information Center.
3. Select Save & name the output file.
Figure 2: The Intel graphics driver report as seen in the Intel® Graphics and Media Control Panel.
Older: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver
1. Select either the Information button in the bottom left, or the ( i ) button in the top right.
2. Select Save To File & name the output file.
Figure 3: The Intel graphics driver report as seen in the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver.
Step 3: Upload the Intel graphics driver report to an e-mail form (or other)
- Open the text file you just saved.
- Press the Ctrl A keys to highlight all text (click into the text if you have not already).
- Press the Ctrl C keys to copy the highlighted text.
- Return to the e-mail form in your web browser. Click inside the box below the A graphics diagnostic report can be pasted into the space below field.
- Press the Ctrl V keys to paste the contents of the text into that space.
- The diagnostic report is now displayed in the form.
If you are unable to follow the steps (e.g. tabs and buttons listed are not shown), your computer may have an out-of-date driver, may have a customized computer manufacturer driver, or may not have an Intel® Graphics Controller. Contact your computer manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer to get the latest graphics drivers for your computer.
|How to open the Intel Graphics Properties window|
|Intel® Driver Update Utility Graphics|
|Customized computer manufacturer graphics driver detected|
|How To Identify Your Intel® Graphics Controller|