The Intel Graphics Tray Icon is a convenient tool for getting into the Intel® Graphics Control Panel from your taskbar. The tray icon also serves as an alternative method for accessing features like display modes.
If you have accidentally exited out of it and want to turn it on, or simply want to keep it turned off, follow these steps.
Disabling the Tray Icon
- Open or expand the taskbar until you see the Intel Graphics Tray Icon.
- Right-click the icon and select Exit Tray.
Enabling the Tray Icon
- Right-click the desktop and select Screen Resolution (Windows 7* or Windows 8*) or Properties (Windows XP*).
- Select Advanced Settings (Windows 7 or Windows 8) or Advanced (Windows XP).
- Navigate to the Intel® Graphics Control Panel tab.
- Select the check box for Show Tray Icon.
- Select Apply > OK.
Figure 1: The Show Tray Icon as seen in the Advanced Settings menu.
|Caution ||Intel supplies generic versions of its graphics drivers for general purposes, but the computer manufacturer can change the features, incorporate customizations, or make other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities, Intel recommends that you first check with your computer manufacturer and use the driver software it provides.|