You get one of the below error messages when you update your graphics drivers.
Click or the topic for details:
Error received when you use Intel® Driver Update Utility
Error: A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel® Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel® driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver can cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.
Error received when you manually install driver
Error: The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Obtain the appropriate driver from the computer's manufacturer. Setup will exit.
Error: This driver could not be installed on this computer. Contact the computer's manufacturer for further information.
Why did I get this error?
Your computer manufacturer customizes drivers that run Intel® components on your machine. You might lose functions and cause other technical issues by installing the Intel® drivers.
See our list of manufacturer support websites.
What should I do?
You can work around the error by first uninstalling the manufacturer's driver, then installing the Intel® Graphics Driver. However, you risk losing functionality or causing other technical issues.
Select your operating system for instructions:
- Windows® 10 and Windows 8*/8.1* - manually install driver in Windows® 10 and Windows 8*/8.1*
- Windows 7* - manually install driver in Windows 7*
- Windows Vista* - manually install driver in Windows Vista*
- Windows XP* - manually install driver in Windows XP*
- If you have an Intel® Celeron® or Intel® Pentium® Processor with Intel® HD Graphics, see Intel® Pentium® or Intel® Celeron® Processor downloads for graphics drivers.
|Intel® Driver Update Utility|
|How to identify your Intel® Graphics Controller|
|Graphics drivers for Intel® Pentium® Processors and Intel® Celeron® Processors with Intel® HD Graphics|