- DDR3 SDRAM SO-DIMMs with gold-plated contacts
- Unbuffered, single-sided, or double-sided DIMMs
- 4 GB maximum system memory
- Minimum system memory: 256 MB
- Non-ECC DIMMs
- Serial Presence Detect
- DDR3 1066 MHz, DDR3 1333 MHz, DDR3 1600 MHz SO-DIMMs (DDR3 1333 MHz and DDR3 1600 MHz memory will run at 1066 MHz)
Because of passively-cooled thermal constraints, system memory must have an operating temperature rating of 85°C. The board is designed to be passively cooled in a properly ventilated chassis. Chassis venting locations are recommended above the system memory area for maximum heat dissipation.
If you are installing only one SO-DIMM, it must be installed in the bottom socket (SO-DIMM 1).
To be compliant with DDR3 SDRAM memory specifications, populate the board with SO-DIMMs that support the Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data structure. This BIOS can then read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory is installed, performance and reliability can be impacted or the SODIMMs might not function under the determined frequency.