System memory features
The board has four DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:
- 1.35V DDR3 SDRAM DIMMs (JEDEC Specification)
- Two independent memory channels with interleaved mode support
- Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported.
- 32 GB maximum total system memory (using 4 Gb memory technology).
- Minimum total system memory: 1 GB using 512 MB x16 module
- Non-ECC DIMMs
- Serial Presence Detect
- DDR3 1600 MHz, 1333 MHz, and 1066 MHz SDRAM DIMMs
- XMP version 1.2 performance profile support for memory speeds above 1600 MHz
To be fully compliant with all applicable DDR SDRAM memory specifications, the board should be populated with DIMMs that support the Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data structure. This allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory is installed, the BIOS will attempt to correctly configure the memory settings, but performance and reliability may be impacted or the DIMMs may not function under the determined frequency.
1.5V is the recommended and default setting for DDR3 memory voltage. The other memory voltage settings in the BIOS Setup program are provided for performance tuning purposes only. Altering the memory voltage may (i) reduce system stability and the useful life of the system, memory, and processor; (ii) cause the processor and other system components to fail; (iii) cause reductions in system performance; (iv) cause additional heat or other damage; and (v) affect system data integrity.
Intel has not tested and does not warranty the operation of the processor beyond its specifications. For information on the processor warranty, refer to Processor Warranty Information.
Intel assumes no responsibility that the memory installed on the desktop board, if used with altered clock frequencies and/or voltages, will be fit for any particular purpose. Check with the memory manufacturer for warranty terms and additional details.