- Two independent memory channels with interleaved mode support
- Supports 1.2V–1.8V DIMM memory voltage
- Support for non-ECC, unbuffered, single-sided, or double-sided DIMMs with x8 organization
- 16 GB maximum total system memory (with 4 Gb memory technology)
- Minimum total system memory: 1 GB using 1 Gb x8 module
- Serial Presence Detect
- DDR3 1333 MHz and DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM DIMMs
For full compliance with all applicable DDR SDRAM memory specifications, the board must use DIMMs that support the Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data structure. This allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory is installed, the BIOS will attempt to correctly configure the memory settings, but performance and reliability can be impacted or the DIMMs might not function under the determined frequency.
1.5V is the recommended and default setting for DDR3 memory voltage. The other memory voltage settings in the BIOS Setup program are provided for performance tuning purposes only. Altering the memory voltage may (i) reduce system stability and the useful life of the system, memory, and processor; (ii) cause the processor and other system components to fail; (iii) cause reductions in system performance; (iv) cause additional heat or other damage; and (v) affect system data integrity.
Intel has not tested and does not warranty the operation of the processor beyond its specifications. For information on the processor warranty, refer to Processor Warranty Information.
Supported memory configurations