- 1.5V DDR3 SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts, with the option to raise the voltage to support higher-performance DDR3 SDRAM DIMMs.
- 1.35V Low Voltage DDR3 DIMMs (JEDEC specification)
- Two independent memory channels with interleaved mode support
- Unbuffered, single-sided, or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Does not support double-sided x16 DIMMs.
- 16 GB maximum total system memory (with 4 GB memory technology)
- Minimum recommended total system memory: 1 GB
- Non-ECC DIMMs
- Serial presence detect
- DDR3 1600 MHz, DDR3 1333 MHz, and DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM DIMMs. 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors are the only processor family that supports DDR3 1600 MHz DIMMs.
- XMP version 1.3 performance profile support for memory speeds up to 1600 MHz
For full compliance with all applicable DDR SDRAM memory specifications, the board requires DIMMs supporting the serial presence detect (SPD) data structure. Using DIMMS that support SPD, allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory is installed, the BIOS tries to correctly configure the memory settings, but performance and reliability can be impacted. Also, the DIMMs might not function under the specified frequency.
Computer Memory Test Labs* (CMTL) tests third-party memory for compatibility with Intel® boards as requested by memory manufacturers. See the CMTL Advanced Tested Memory List* for this Intel® Desktop Board.
The table below lists parts which passed testing during development. These part numbers may not be readily available throughout the product life cycle.