System memory features
The board has two 204-pin DDR3 SO-DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:
- DDR3 SDRAM SO-DIMMs with gold-plated contacts
- Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs
- 4 GB maximum total system memory
- Minimum total system memory: 256 MB
- Non-ECC DIMMs
- Serial presence detect
- DDR3 800 MHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, and DDR3 1333 MHz SO-DIMMs (DDR3 1066 MHz and DDR3 1333 MHz memory will run at 800 MHz)
Due to passively-cooled thermal constraints, system memory must have an operating temperature rating of 85 °C.
The board is designed to be passively cooled in a properly ventilated chassis. Chassis venting locations are recommended above the system memory area for maximum heat dissipation effectiveness.
To be fully compliant with all applicable Intel® SDRAM memory specifications, the board should be populated with DIMMs that support the serial presence detect (SPD) data structure. If your memory modules do not support SPD, you will see a notification to this effect on the screen at power up. The BIOS will attempt to configure the memory controller for normal operation.
Supported memory configurations
Computer Memory Test Labs* (CMTL) tests third-party memory for compatibility with Intel® boards as requested by memory manufacturers. See the CMTL tested memory list* for this Intel® Desktop Board.