- 1.8 V (only) DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts
- Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported.
- 2 GB maximum total system memory
- Minimum total system memory: 128 MB
- Non-ECC DIMMs
- Serial presence detect
- DDR2 533 MHz or DDR2 400 MHz SDRAM DIMMs (DDR2 800 MHz and DDR2 667 MHz validated to run at 533 MHz only)
To be fully compliant with all applicable DDR2 SDRAM memory specifications, the board should be populated with DIMMs that support the serial presence detect (SPD) data structure. This allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory is installed, the BIOS will attempt to correctly configure the memory settings, but performance and reliability may be impacted or the DIMMs may not function under the determined frequency.
In the second column, “DS” refers to double-sided memory modules (containing two rows of SDRAM) and “SS” refers to single-sided memory modules (containing one row of SDRAM).
The table below lists parts which passed testing during development. These part numbers may not be readily available throughout the product life cycle.
|DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memory|
|Single, dual, triple, quad, and flex memory modes|
|Troubleshooting system memory issues|