- Dual or single-channel memory configurations
- Four 240-pin Double Data Rate 3 (DDR3) SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) connectors with gold-plated contacts.
- 1600/1333/1066/800 MHz DDR3 SDRAM interface
- 1.5V with option to raise voltage to support higher performance DDR3 SDRAM
- Unbuffered, non-registered single or double-sided DIMMs
- Non-ECC DDR3 memory
- Serial Presence Detect (SPD) memory only
- Up to 4.0 GB utilizing 512 MB or 1 GB technology
- Up to 8.0 GB utilizing 1 GB technology
If you are using DDR3 1600 MHz DIMMs, you should only populate two of the four DIMM slots and specifically one slot in each channel. Use slot 1 of each channel (black connectors).
For information on Intel® XMP-ready DDR3 SDRAM DIMMs, see Extreme Memory.
Third-party tested memory*
Third-party tested memory occurs as requested by the memory vendors. This memory is tested at an independent memory house that is not a part of Intel - Computer Memory Test Labs (CMTL).
Vendor self-tested memory
Intel supplies the memory vendors that participate in this program with a common memory test plan to use as a basic checkout of the memory stability. The memory listed here completed testing by the memory vendor or by Intel using this test plan. These part numbers might not be readily available throughout the product life cycle.
The table below lists parts that passed testing conducted using the Intel Self Test program for Intel® Desktop Board DX48BT2.