- 1.5 V DDR3 800 MHz, DDR3 1066 MHz, and DDR3 1333 (OC) MHz SDRAM DIMMs
- Two independent memory channels with interleaved mode support
- Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported.
- 8 GB maximum total system memory (with 2 Gb memory technology).
- Minimum total system memory: 512 MB
- Non-ECC DIMMs
- Serial presence detect
To be fully compliant with all applicable DDR SDRAM memory specifications, the board should be populated with DIMMs that support the serial presence detect (SPD) data structure. This allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory is installed, the BIOS will attempt to correctly configure the memory settings, but performance and reliability may be impacted or the DIMMs may not function under the determined frequency.
|DIMM Capacity||Configuration||SDRAM Density||SDRAM Organization Front-side/Back-side||Number of SDRAM Devices|
|1 GB||Single-sided||1 Gbit||1 Gb x8 / empty||8|
|2 GB||Double-sided||1 Gbit||1 Gb x8 / 1 Gb x8||16|
|2 GB||Single-sided||2 Gbit||2 Gb x8 / empty||8|
|4 GB||Double-sided||2 Gbit||2 Gb x8 / 2 Gb x8||16|
|DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memory|
|Single and multi-channel memory modes|
|Troubleshooting system memory issues|