- 1.5V DDR3 SDRAM DIMMs with gold plated contacts, with the option to raise the voltage to support higher performance DDR3 SDRAM DIMMs.
- 1.35V Low Voltage DDR3 DIMMs (JEDEC specification)
- Two independent memory channels with interleaved mode support
- Unbuffered, single-sided, or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Does not support double-sided x16 DIMMs.
- 32 GB maximum total system memory (with 4 GB memory technology). Minimum recommended total system memory: 1 GB
- Non-ECC DIMMs
- Serial presence detect
- DDR3 1600 MHz, DDR3 1333 MHz, and DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM DIMMs. DDR3 1600 MHz DIMMs are only supported by 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processor Family processors.
- XMP version 1.3 performance profile support for memory speeds up to 1600 MHz
For full compliance with applicable Intel SDRAM memory specifications, the board requires DIMMs supporting serial presence detect (SPD) data structure. This allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory is installed, the BIOS tries to correctly configure the memory settings. Performance and reliability can be impacted or the DIMMs do not function under the determined frequency.
Computer Memory Test Labs* (CMTL) tests third-party memory for compatibility with Intel boards as requested by memory manufacturers. See the CMTL Advanced Tested Memory List* for this Intel® Desktop Board.
The table below lists parts that passed testing during development. The Intel internal tested memory part numbers might not be readily available throughout the product life cycle.