System memory features
The board has four DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:
- 1.8 V (only) DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts.
- Unbuffered, single-sided, or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMS. with x16 organization are not supported.
- 8 GB maximum total system memory using DDR2 800 or DDR2 667 DIMMs.
- Minimum total system memory: 512 MB.
- Non-ECC DIMMs.
- Serial Presence Detect (SPD).
- DDR2 800 or DDR2 667 MHz SDRAM DIMMs.
- DDR2 667 DIMMs with SPD timings of only 5-5-5 (tCL-tRCD-tRP).
- DDR2 800 DIMMs with SPD timings of only 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 (tCL-tRCD-tRP).
To be fully compliant with all applicable DDR SDRAM memory specifications, populate the board with DIMMs that support SPD. This allows the BIOS to read the SPD data, and program the chipset to configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory is installed, performance and reliability can be impacted or the DIMMs do not function.
Supported memory configurations
The following table lists the supported DIMM configurations:
Computer Memory Test Labs (CMTL*) tests third-party memory for compatibility with Intel boards as requested by memory manufacturers. See the CMTL tested memory list for this Intel® Desktop Board.
The table lists parts that passed testing during development. Part numbers are not always available throughout the product life cycle.
|DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memory|
|Single and multi-channel memory modes|
|Troubleshooting system memory issues|