Updated: September 2008
- 1.8 V (only) DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs with gold-plated contacts.
- Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported.
- 8 GB maximum total system memory using DDR2 667 or DDR2 800 DIMMs.
- Minimum total system memory: 512 MB.
- Non-ECC DIMMs.
- Serial Presence Detect.
- DDR2 800 or DDR2 667 MHz SDRAM DIMMs.
- DDR2 667 SIMMs with SPD timings of only 5-5-5 (tCL-tRCD-tRP).
- DDR2 800 SIMMs with SPD timings of only 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 (tCL-tRCD-tRP).
|Note||A minimum of 512 MB of system memory is required to fully enable both the onboard graphics and the manageability engine.|
|Note||To be fully compliant with all applicable DDR SDRAM memory specifications, the board should be populated with DIMMs that support the Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data structure. This allows the BIOS to read the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory is installed, the BIOS will attempt to correctly configure the memory settings, but performance and reliability may be impacted or the DIMMs may not function under the determined frequency.|
3rd party tested memory*
Vendor self tested memory
The table below lists parts which passed testing conducted using Intel's Self Test program for Intel® Desktop Board DG33BU.
Need more help?