- 1.8V DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs with gold plated contacts, with the option to raise the voltage to support higher performance DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs
- Dual channel interleaved mode support
- Unbuffered, single-sided, or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction: Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported.
- 8 GB maximum total system memory
- Minimum total system memory: 512 MB
- Non-ECC DIMMs
- Serial Presence Detect
- DDR2 667 MHz or DDR2 800 MHz SDRAM DIMMs
- DDR2 667 MHz DIMMs with SPD timings of only 5-5-5 (tCL-tRCD-tRP)
- DDR2 800 MHz DIMMs with SPD timings of only 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 (tCL-tRCD-tRP)
To be fully compliant with applicable Intel® SDRAM memory specifications, the board should have DIMMs supporting the Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data structure. If your memory modules do not support SPD, you receive a notification to this effect on the screen at power up. The BIOS tries to configure the memory controller for normal operation.
Computer Memory Test Labs* (CMTL) tests third-party memory for compatibility with Intel boards as requested by memory manufacturers. See the CMTL tested memory list for this Intel® Desktop Board.
The table below lists parts which passed testing during development. These part numbers may not be readily available throughout the product life cycle.