- Four 240-pin Double Data Rate 3 (DDR3) SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) connectors with gold-plated contacts arranged in two channels
- 1333/1066 MHz DDR3 SDRAM interface
- Support for single and dual-channel memory interleaving
- Non-ECC DDR3 memory
- Serial Presence Detect (SPD) memory only
- Up to 16 GB maximum total system memory
- Unbuffered, non-registered single or double-sided DIMMs with a voltage rating of 1.65V or less.
DDR3 1600 or higher memory support on this motherboard requires compatible XMP enabled memory or advanced knowledge of BIOS and manual memory tuning. Individual results may vary.
32-bit operating systems are limited to a maximum of 4 GB of memory. These operating systems report less than 4 GB because of the memory used by add-in graphics cards and other system resources.
To be fully compliant with applicable Intel® SDRAM memory specifications, the board should have DIMMs that support the Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data structure. If your memory modules do not support SPD, you receive a notification to this effect on the screen at power up. The BIOS tries to configure the memory controller for normal operation.
1 “SS” stands for single-sided memory modules (one row of SDRAM).
2 "DS” stands for double-sided memory modules (two rows of SDRAM).
Computer Memory Test Labs* (CMTL) tests third-party memory for compatibility with Intel boards as requested by memory manufacturers. See the CMTL tested memory list for the Intel® Desktop Board DP55WB.
The table below lists parts which passed testing during development. These part numbers may not be readily available throughout the product life cycle.