To capture Windows* Software Trace (WPP) log for USB 3.0 device under booting and S3–S5 operation, follow these steps:
- Go to the driver-installed folder and folder \Debug_Scripts.
- Open readme.txt for instructions on how to use script files.
- Open Command Prompt with Run as Administrator privileges and go to folder location in step one.
- Run Autologger_configure.reg; this step configures Autologger values in registry. Save file location and file name.
- Run Autologger_start.log; this step enables Autologger and starts capturing log.
- Reboot computer for settings to take effect.
- Connect your USB 3.0 device.
- Restart your computer.
- Run Autologger_stop.reg.
- Log file is saved as C:\IUSB3P.etl; these WPP log files are encoded and only Intel can decode.
This tool is more useful for troubleshooting USB 3.0 devices. For debugging an issue, use third-party tools.