Intel® Distribution for Apache Hadoop* Software
Hadoop* Training Overview
Why get Hadoop Training?
With the growing adoption of Apache Hadoop as the platform for Big Data analysis across various industries, the need for IT professionals with expertise in operating Hadoop clusters is increasing rapidly. The power and flexibility of this platform also presents compelling opportunities to develop new data-driven services on Hadoop and HBase, making ‟Hadoop developer” one of the most sought after skills in the software industry. There has never been a better time to get Hadoop training.
What's the advantage of getting Hadoop training from Intel?
Intel has a long history of working with the Apache Hadoop ecosystem to enable hardware features, benchmark performance across generations of software and hardware changes, and real-world expertise in optimizing Hadoop for enterprise Big Data deployments. Intel software developers built the Intel® Distribution for Apache Hadoop* software from the silicon up to meet the performance, security, and manageability needs of enterprise IT. Among a growing number of other customers, Intel IT runs Hadoop at scale in production. In addition to the commonly offered foundation in Hadoop concepts and operational skills, Hadoop training from Intel offers:
- Unique insights from Intel that help you tune, secure, and manage your Hadoop deployment
- Distilled from years of experience in deploying and optimizing Hadoop and HBase for enterprises
- Based on expertise in optimizing the full Hadoop stack, from Hive and MapReduce* applications through Java* to Linux* on server, storage, and networking hardware deploying a Hadoop cluster
What Hadoop training classes does Intel offer?
Three types of Apache Hadoop and HBase training courses are offered, as seen below. You can schedule onsite training for your team by contacting us.
Hadoop* for Administrators: December 9─11, Atlanta, GA
Hadoop* for Developers: December 9─11, Atlanta, GA
HBase for Developers and Administrators: December 9─11, Atlanta, GA
Apache Hadoop* for Administrators
Provides the core set of skills need to deploy, manage, monitor, and secure a Hadoop cluster.
- Overview of Apache Hadoop and HDFS
- Overview of Hadoop administration
- Planning your Hadoop cluster
- Deploying a Hadoop cluster
- Loading data and running applications
- Configuration and performance tuning
- Monitoring and troubleshooting
- Maintaining a secure deployment
Apache Hadoop* for Developers
Provides an essential understanding of how to write applications on Hadoop.
- Using the Hadoop and HDFS platform
- Loading data into HDFS
- Introduction to MapReduce
- Writing and debugging MapReduce jobs
- Implementing common algorithms on Hadoop
- Using Mahout for advanced data mining
- Benchmarking and optimizing performance
HBase* for Developers
Provides core concepts to help application developers and system administrators deploy and use HBase effectively.
- Using the Hadoop and HDFS platform
- Deploying HBase with other Hadoop components
- Monitoring and optimizing HBase deployments
- Planning HBase schema
- Using HBase effectively to load data
- Writing to and reading from HBase
- Securing data in HBase with access control
"This class was by far the best Hadoop* class I've attended and Manish brought so much more to the table by giving real-world examples of effectively using the Hadoop ecosystem, as well as a lot of best practices. I'm very impressed with the additional functionality that Intel has brought to the distribution... I got so much out of the class and I just wanted to thank you very much for making it possible."
Trenton P., Hadoop Solution Architect