The Intelligent Retail Store
Using Intel®-based solutions to streamline operations and deliver the customer experiences that drive sales.
Big changes are sweeping through the retail industry—at stores large and small, in clothing, food, and home appliances, at big-box emporiums and specialty boutiques—none are immune.
Once the only retail “channel,” the traditional bricks-and-mortar store remains the primary way most goods are sold.
But shoppers have made it clear they want a different in-store experience: more information, more personalization, and more convenience. Whether they are in-store, online, or on their mobile—possibly all at the same time—they want all the channels working together.
Retailers are responding, using a wide array of Intel®-based intelligent devices to transform their stores into connected, information-rich environments:
• Mobile to help customers, check inventory, and transact sales
• Traditional POS with analytics built in
• Digital signs promoting high-margin products
• Interactive kiosks for browsing virtual product selections
• RFID tags for managing inventory and triggering product suggestions
• Digital security and surveillance with real-time analytics to provide up-to-the minute information on customer behavior and purchase patterns
• Network-attached storage (NAS) solutions for business continuity and disaster recovery
Read the full The Intelligent Retail Store Solution Brief.