Retail Solution Configuration: Remote Manageability of
Support many devices across multiple stores from a centralized location.
Many retailers are apprehensive about rolling out a large, complex digital signage network, and rightfully so. The cost and planning required to deploy high-definition displays, kiosks, video walls, and perhaps IPTV (Internet protocol TV) are considerable and must be backed by a solid return on investment (ROI).
Providing greater insight into this process is Media-Saturn Group*, Europe’s largest electronics retailer, operating more than 900 stores in 16 countries. Every week, around 15 million shoppers enter Media-Saturn stores and see an incredible number of screens (225 on average) playing a combination of videos, images, and templates broadcast over an in-store TV network. This investment enables Media-Saturn to elevate the shopping experience, generate additional revenue, eliminate the cost of traditional signs, and optimize customer communications.
- Provide customers with the best possible information to make better purchase decisions
- Convert from static signs to digital, thus saving on paper, printing, and transportation costs
- Create, test, adjust, and launch content in minutes, not the weeks typical of static signs
Media-Saturn* In-store Digital
Over 220,000 screens system-wide in more than 900 stores.
Typical In-store Screen Configuration
• Up to 200 screens in the TV department
• 16 screens at the checkout counters
• Five screens in the service department
• Up to four screens in the white goods department
• Six to eight screens in the entertainment area
• 60 to 100 notebook screens and monitors
• Up to 25 tablets
• In several flagship stores, large 4x4 video walls
• Music, movie, and game kiosks
• Ink printer advisor kiosk
• Interactive mobile phone kiosk
• Notebook test and safety
• Monitor and Webcam test stations
• Tablet compare and test
Media players based on the Intel® Core™ i3 and Core™ i5 processors using Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 4500 HD Graphics.
Selected Intel Offerings for Retail
|Platform Components||Platform Technologies|
|Intel® Processors and Chipsets
Intel® Network Adapters >
Intel® Solid-State Drives >
Form Factors and Reference Designs
|Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) >
Intel® Identity Protection Technology (Intel® IPT) >
Intel® Platform Trust Technology (Intel® PTT) >
Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT) >
Intel® OS Guard >
|General Software||Retail Software Solutions|
|McAfee* Security Software >
Wind River* Intelligent Device Platform >
Intel® Distribution for Apache Hadoop* >
Intel® Expressway API Manager >
Intel® Expressway Tokenization Broker >
|Intel® Retail Client Manager (Intel® RCM) >
Intel® Audience Impression Metrics Suite (Intel® AIM Suite) >
Intel® Perceptual Computing SDK >
Intel® Media SDK >
Intel® Retail solutions
Find inspiration and how-to for extraordinary retail experiences.
Intel® Technology Provider Program
If you specify, design, build or resell Intel®-based technology solutions, the Intel® ITP program is for you. Lean more about program benefits that will help you get the competitive advantage.
Ready to build your solution? Find resources, tools and more.
Embedded Design Center >