Intel® Xeon® Processor 3500 Series Thermal/Mechanical Design Guide
This document provides guidelines for the design of thermal and mechanical solutions for the:
• Intel® Xeon® Processor 3500 Series.Unless specifically required for clarity, this document will use “processor” in place of the specific product names. The components described in this document include:
• The processor thermal solution (heatsink) and associated retention hardware.
• The LGA1366 socket and the Independent Loading Mechanism (ILM) and back plate.
The goals of this document are:
• To assist board and system thermal mechanical designers.
• To assist designers and suppliers of processor heatsinks. Thermal profiles and other processor specifications are provided in the appropriate processor datasheet.
Read the full Intel® Xeon® Processor 3500 Series Thermal/Mechanical Design Guide.