Entry-level Intel® Processor-based HPC Cluster PlatformsWith the introduction of more powerful multi-core processors and the move towards clustering, high-performance computing (HPC) is expanding from large-scale computing machines toward workgroups and departmental clusters in many research and science industries. Breakthroughs in absolute performance and price/p...erformance have made it possible for single processor platforms to enter new, low-end HPC applications.
Cost-effective Clustering and Personal Supercomputing
Dual-Core Intel® Pentium® D processor-based server platforms are ideal for building small, cost sensitive, high density, yet powerful HPC clusters that create high-performance, personal supercomputing solutions and workgroup clusters. Based on Intel Netburst® microarchitecture and Intel® E7230 chipset, these plat-forms offer balanced computing that enables fast time-to-solution for complex, data-intensive problems.
• Dependable server platform with dual-core, 64-bitcomputing based on Intel Pentium D processors delivers up to 12.9 Gflops of computing power to solve your applications or simulations quickly.
• Up to 1066 MHz front-side bus for fast throughput solutions.
• Up to 8 GB of dual-channel, DDR2 667 MHz ECC memory delivers bandwidth to reduce or eliminate memory bottlenecks.
• PCI Express* I/O supports HPC high-bandwidth/low-latency interconnects
• High performance, high density, and low-cost operation.
• Gigabit Ethernet LAN connectivity (Intel® PRO/1000 PM/PL network connections) for cost-effective networking.
• 4 channels of Serial ATA deliver high-speed disk access and large capacity.
• Intel® Matrix Storage Technology3boosts hard drive performance and provides data protection with RAID 1, 5, and 10.
• Intel® Active Management Technology4simplifies system management.
Read the full Entry-level Intel® Processor-based HPC Cluster Platforms Product Brief.