Defiance: Vehicle Inspection Goes Mobile
With accessibility to high-speed Internet access and smartphone adoption on the rise, there is a growing impact of next generation mobile devices on global enterprises today, rapidly transforming how they access critical business information and reports. Defiance Technologies Limited’s mobility solutions aim to help global enterprises adapt to this change. Incorporated in 2009 and headquartered at Chennai, India, Defiance provides engineering, manufacturing, and enterprise (EME) services and solutions for automotive, aerospace, defense, industrial, and general manufacturing industries. It has over 50 active global clients, including 18 of the Fortune Global 500 companies.
• Follow stringent quality standards in pre-delivery inspection. Deliver defect-free vehicles by following quality assurance tools across the manufacturing process, such as performing exhaustive vehicle inspection at the end of assembly, at dealership, and so on.
• Improve vehicle inspection process. Eliminate error in writing description of vehicle defects while reducing time and cost spent in inspecting vehicles.
• Replace conventional data capture process of reporting vehicle defects. Do away with the paper-based system which does not allow for an easy way to analyze defects and retrieval of such data.
• Develop iREVUE* mobile app. Create iREVUE, a pre-delivery vehicle inspection mobile application running on Intel® Atom™ processor Z2420 and SAP Mobile Platform running on Intel® Xeon® E7 processor, which ensures a more efficient process of capturing and analyzing pre-delivery vehicle inspection data.
• Make inspection process paper-free. As iREVUE has been developed on SAP Mobile Platform, paper was no longer needed for the inspection process, documentation and data retrieval.
• Efficiently capture vehicle defects. Automate process of capturing defects through iREVUE, which verifies various visual and physical attributes, records the defects and updates in real-time to enterprise resource planning (ERP) back-end for further processing and reporting.
Read the full Defiance: Vehicle Inspection Goes Mobile Case Study.