Ho Chi Minh City
We're a global corporation and we have incredible opportunities everywhere. So, step inside our world and find out where we do what we do to improve how people work, live, and play.
Fast Facts: The Site
Set up since 1997, Intel Semiconductor Ltd., the sales and marketing office in Ho Chi Minh City, develops and deploys sound strategies to provide world-class sales and marketing support at the OEM, developer and end-user levels.
At the end of 2006, Intel announced that it was going to invest USD 1 billion to construct its seventh and largest assembly test facility in Intel's global network to produce chipsets.
In July 2010, Intel Vietnam began using the latest Intel chipset technologies to produce chipsets that will help support the growth of mobile computing. In fact, Intel Vietnam started the use of the latest FCBGA (Flip Chip Ball Grid Array) binding technology for mobile processors.
This facility is the first investment of its kind in the semiconductor industry in Vietnam. The 500,000 square foot facility will be the model for larger, more efficient assembly test facilities that will make Intel even more competitive.
As the first major foreign investor in high technology in Vietnam, the new facility supports Intel's digital ASEAN (d-ASEAN) program. The program works to develop a stronger digital workforce, integrate technology into education and government, and make technology more accessible for business and consumers within Southeast Asia.
Cool stuff at Intel Vietnam—Ho Chi Minh City
In addition to our many benefits and programs, employees get a bunch of other perks! Here's some cool stuff that makes Intel in Ho Chi Minh City a great place to work.
- Fitness center
- Sports facilities (badminton, football, soccer)
- Indoor recreation amenities (billiards, gaming consoles, ping pong/table tennis, table football (foosball), and rec room with cable TV, CD players, and musical instruments)
- Hobby and social clubs, organized leisure activities, Family Fun events, quarterly employee parties (football, music, badminton, bowling, swimming, Toastmasters, Women At Intel),
- Employee discount programs
- Health for Life Center, Mother rooms, and blood pressure machines
- Cafes with free fruits, and drinks
- Pampering amenities (massage chairs, shoe shining, relaxation area)
- Convenience services (convenience stores, shuttle service, specialized coffee bars)
- Beyond the Cube series with famous guest performers
- Social networking channels where employees can connect with each other
Caring for our planet and inspiring the next generation
With more than 96 percent participation in 2011, Intel Vietnam employees volunteered more than 20,000 hours giving back to the community. These hours also mean an $11,000 donation or "match" from the Intel Foundation as part of our Intel Involved Matching Grant Program, to be used to improve learning and teaching facilities, fund scholarships, and more.
Intel is helping to transform the lives of millions through education. The Intel® Education Initiative in India has been working to improve teaching and learning through the effective use of technology; inspire and expand students’ knowledge and enthusiasm for science and math; and bring cutting-edge technology expertise to universities.
Through the Ministry of Education and Training (MOET) and Vietnam universities, Intel Vietnam has collaborated with academic partners* on various educational programs. In addition to the scholarship to study Master of Engineering at RMIT Vietnam, annual Intel technical seminars to share technology information with university students, providing lab and equipment support, and developing an Equipment Skills Acquisition Program curriculum, other key programs include:
- Intel Vietnam Study Abroad Program—Intel awards scholarships to students from universities in Vietnam to work towards a bachelor of engineering degree from Portland State University.
- Intel Vietnam Engineering Scholarship—This annual local scholarship program provides students from Vietnam universities with the skills necessary to succeed in the 21st Century workplace.
- Higher Engineering Education Alliance Program (HEEAP)—Intel India, as a founding industry partner and contributor of more than 45% of the program funding, is working with other members to transform top engineering and technical vocational universities in Vietnam.
* Partner schools include: Cao Thang Technical College, Can Tho University, Da Nang University of Technology Dong An Polytechnique, Ha Noi University of Technology, Ho Chi Minh University of Industry, Ho Chi Minh University of Natural Sciences, Ho Chi Minh University of Technical Education, Ho Chi Minh University of Technology, and the Ho Chi Minh Vocational Technical College.