Accelerated Leadership Program
Intel's Accelerated Leadership Program (ALP) is a unique post-MBA rotational leadership program. Our executive team designed the program to transform passionate and ambitious MBA graduates into our future leaders.
With the mentorship of influential senior leaders, ALP associates navigate through a series of challenging, vastly diverse, high-visibility assignments that span the entire company. These experiences will challenge your creativity and innovative thinking, test your experience, and allow you to demonstrate your capabilities, while delivering on specific goals established for you.
You will be right in the center of the technology that's changing the lives of people around the world, supporting not only our relentless focus on building the best microprocessors, but driving our business toward new multibillion-dollar growth opportunities in next-generation consumer electronics, mobile devices, services, and software.
Make an impact
ALP associates come to Intel with a proven track record of delivering results across a wide variety of industries and functional areas. They rotate through multiple groups to gain a broad overview of the business and build the foundation for a strong career in general management.
ALP assignments are designed to be true leadership development opportunities—high-impact, complex, and ambiguous. Over the course of two years, ALP associates complete three 8-month rotations, where they will drive our core businesses and help lead Intel into multi-billion dollar growth segments. Rotations may include, but are not limited to, business and market development, strategic planning, product marketing, corporate marketing, finance, manufacturing, operations, field sales and people operations.
After completing the program, associates may return to one of their three rotation groups, or pursue an opportunity elsewhere within the company at a senior management level.
The ALP provides professional freedom and career support.
· Own Your Career Path – ALP gives you the freedom to take career risks, follow your passions and chart your own course.
· Extensive Training – ALP invests in its associates through frequent in-depth training that will deepen your understanding of Intel’s businesses through round-table discussions with senior business leaders. The training will also improve your personal effectiveness through classes on communication, team building, and career development.
· Mentorship and Coaching – ALP pairs each associate with a senior Intel business leader mentor who will discuss business issues and provide career advice. Each associate will also receive an executive coach who will help identify and prioritize professional development goals.
· A Smart, Motivated, and Fun Cohort – You will spend your two years in the ALP with a cohort of approximately 15 other MBAs. You’ll also benefit from the wisdom and widely diverse network of an engaged ALP community making an impact across the company and around the world.
The ALP Internship
In addition to the full time program, Intel also offers a 12 week high intensity, high impact internship experience for exceptional first year MBA candidates. During your summer at Intel you will work on a key project in one of our business groups – working side by side with senior managers to develop strategies and plan execution for initiatives that transform our existing business and lead us into new growth opportunities. In your short time as an intern, you will experience what it’s like to be part of the ALP as you join executive discussions and network with ALP associates and senior managers. Intel actively recruits ALP interns for the full time program.
Current MBA students with an expected graduation date in Fall 2015 or Spring 2016 are eligible to apply.
What you need
ALP offers a unique program with fantastic rewards and exciting, formidable business challenges. Great talent and skills are required to be successful at meeting those challenges, contributing to key strategic management initiatives, and handling high-level responsibility. A successful candidate has the following qualifications:
- For the 2015 ALP Cohort starting in July 2015, an MBA completed between May 2013 and July 2015.
- Demonstrated leadership progression in a professional, school, or community setting.
- A passion for innovative technology that changes the way people work, live and play.
- Risk-taking ability with strong character and emotional intelligence.
- Strong strategic thinking, leadership, influencing, teamwork, and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- A strong desire to work and deliver results in a fast-moving, dynamic, global, team-oriented environment.
- Experience in the technology sector or undergraduate/graduate studies in engineering or computer science are not required, but can be a helpful asset to this role.
Additional qualifications—US ALP Class
For associate positions in our US ALP Class you must also:
- Have unrestricted right to work in the US.
- A minimum of 6 years of full-time, professional work experience.
Additional qualifications — ALP China Class
In addition to our US ALP opportunities, we also have a limited number of ALP China positions that will help us develop our leadership talent in global markets. The China program allows you to spend your first rotation in the US and your next two rotations in China. Your final placement will be in China.
Where we're located
As a global company, we offer opportunities to make an impact at the following Intel U.S. sites: Hillsboro, OR; Santa Clara, CA; Chandler, AZ; and Folsom, CA. For ALP China, we offer opportunities at Intel China sites including Beijing, Shanghai, and Shenzhen.
How to apply
We typically hire ALP associates for full-time positions August through December, and for internships January through March. You can also go to the Your Candidate Profile page and either register as a New Candidate, or login as a Returning User. If you are interested in the ALP China Program, in your resume objective, please indicate your interest in "ALP China." We encourage you to search for and apply to any other Intel jobs that may interest you.